• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Day Dreaming

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Day dreaming of the day I leave this communist crap box they call NY. I think for my first act when I leave is to get a** non NY Compliant Rifle**. I've been admiring the SOCOM 16 from a distance.

3 years and change till I start uprooting the family into Free America. I'll drag those bastards kicking and screaming if I have to.

EDIT: Changed due to ignorance on SBRs

Last edited:
Lol. Come down to Texas, you can have all that your heart desires in any flavor.....big or small. And we just recently passed an open carry law too. Woohoo.... Haven't extercised it yet but I can if I want to.

The SOCOM isn't a SBR monkey. It's a 16.25" barrel, you should be allowed to have that, even in NY unless I'm missing something.

I was born in Texas... maybe one day I'll visit the mother land. TN is looking great these days too.

The SOCOM isn't a SBR monkey. It's a 16.25" barrel, you should be allowed to have that, even in NY unless I'm missing something.

Oh NY has an 18" barrel law.

But anyway yes it's illegal if the barrel law didn't exist because it has a muzzle break here in NY. Considered an assault rifle.... yeah I know.... FNY.

Accepts a detachable magazine, is semi auto and has the following:
Bayo lug
Muzzle Break
Threaded Barrel
Pistol Grip
Forward Grip
You're a conservative

etc

Last edited:
WOW, I was not aware of all the BS you guys have to deal with WM, that's pretty crazy. And yes, SBR in most cases is anything less than 16" barrel, at least if it's a rifle that is.

Dude... to get a handgun permit.... legally... takes 6 months to 18 months depending on the county and the investigating officer.

finger prints
interview
documents
filing fees
waiting
waiting
waiting
signed morale character references
waiting
waiting

ok here's your permit.

Now buy a handgun at a store.... go there and get a receipt. Come back to the licensing bureau which is usually 20 miles away... get a purchase document after they verify the receipt.... go back pick up gun and have the 4473 run, pick up gun, go back to licensing bureau get it on your license... for $5.

Meanwhile.... thugs get their guns in 30 seconds and are let back on the streets within days of apprehension.

Ammo buys off the internet have to be sent to a FFL dealer, too... BTW. Since 2013.

NY SAFE Act....

I stand corrected. Rifles can be 16" in NY... looked it up.

But I still am liking the SOCOM 16

You're gonna love the free world! It's full of dangerous bliss like running with scissors and putting salt on fries AND we can still buy a big gulp soda with dinner. Oh yeah, and it only takes a few minutes to buy a gun and walk out open carry.

lol Bloomberg's NYC soda ban was over turned in NY courts.... arbitrary and capricious. But still. Eff NY. $250k buys me a crack house, no land, and $8,000-$12,000 annually in taxes to help out the crack heads on section 8.

3 more years...ouch...hang in their buddy. Stop and say hi on your way through purple PA.

+1 on the SOCOM16 or any M1A for that matter.

Edit...Do you have any state(s) picked for a destination?

DUDE!!! My annual property tax on 5 acres with turkeys I can shoot in spring and fall is about $1500.

3 more years...ouch...hang in their buddy. Stop and say hi on your way through purple PA.

+1 on the SOCOM16 or any M1A for that matter.

Yeah... by then the older kid will have graduated HS and I'll have enough down payment saved on a house in free America.

If PA wasn't directly next to Commie Central I would have considered it... maybe a little more Elmo red than Barney Purple would have swayed me a little too.

DUDE!!! My annual property tax on 5 acres with turkeys I can shoot in spring and fall is about $1500.

I know bro-migo!!!! Which is why I'm renting a 2 BR apt here in NY with my wife staying home... can't afford a house. And if she wants to stay home we have to live cramped until I get out where American cost of living is 40% better than NY.

Idiots be like... buy a house now and sell it when you want to leave... I'm like... no and waste $50,000 in property taxes I'll never get back... here's a pine cone.... fornicate with it.

Absolutely insanity. I refuse to live paycheck to paycheck so we are making due until it's go time.

SOCOM 16.... I want. Green Synthetic Stock.

I need a new caliber like I need a hole in the head.... but hey.. 'Merica.

If it helps, here in B-town where I live, there are almost always houses for about $80k. We even have two fast food places in town now. The annual Independence Day parade is always awesome, the little theater reopened, and not to mention drive your tractor to school day. That's in the fall, but its exciting to seen John Deeres and Internationals parked out front of the high school. There's a gun store in town too. He's even set up with Buds and can compete with anyone's prices. Traffic means waiting on 4 cars to pass at a stop sign on a busy day. Anything more than that and I'm irritated. There are about 20 churches. Crime is low and the only three people shot here in the last 15 years have been hunting accidents. Two of those didn't actually happen here, just that the guys were from here. And the hardware store is open on Saturdays now too but they close at 4, real nice family, the kid turkey hunts. We also have all 4 seasons, which anywhere near the city like Cincinnati means 3 seasons of road construction and winter. Though here they just leave the pot holes until vehicles get stuck in them.

So come on out to Ohio! :)

Day dreaming of the day I leave this communist crap box they call NY. I think for my first act when I leave is to get a** non NY Compliant Rifle**. I've been admiring the SOCOM 16 from a distance.

3 years and change till I start uprooting the family into Free America. I'll drag those bastards kicking and screaming if I have to.

EDIT: Changed due to ignorance on SBRs

,,,,go for it WM,,I'm outta there 8 months and I love it!!!

SOCOM 16.... I want. Green Synthetic Stock.

So did I until I shouldered one.

Get your hands on one and decide for yourself, but to me the synthetic stocks feel like $#!+. It's empty and the rifle feels extremely top heavy. The walnut just feels right. Ended up going with the 18" Scout Squad and it's amazing. Just my $.02...

So did I until I shouldered one.

Get your hands on one and decide for yourself, but to me the synthetic stocks feel like $#!+. It's empty and the rifle feels extremely top heavy. The walnut just feels right. Ended up going with the 18" Scout Squad and it's amazing. Just my $.02...

Leave it up to LES to turn dreams into a nightmare.

:)

Back