• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Deer Hunting 2014

Nice buck. Congrats!!

p7321494-4.jpg

p278287587-4.jpg

p525529668-4.jpg

p82781424-4.jpg

p117057579-4.jpg

After not getting a buck all bow season I was able to take one with my AR10 today. He was the 4th biggest we had been seeing on our trail cams but the other 3 were taken on Saturday morning by the guys on the neighboring property. He is the type of buck that I would have loved to see what he matured into next season but I couldn't be happier.

Great looking buck Dan.

Glad you got him, and looked like the AR10 did what it was supposed to do.

From looking at your photo's, I was surprised to see a license plate on the ATV.

Probably not so much being in NY, but we don't have to deal with that stuff here. And we have one of the best and largest ATV recreational parks in the country.

Congrats!!!

From looking at your photo's, I was surprised to see a license plate on the ATV..

Not sure about NY but some here manage to get them registered as farm vehicles so they can use them on on the roads.

I have it with a plate because in some places that I ride it needs to have a plate to be allowed on (mostly state land)

Nice buck, where in NY do you hunt. I have a place in Deposit and Edmeston.

Thanks, but I like definitely like Dans better!!! Great deer Dan!!
Thanks! He would have been a great buck if I gave him another year or so as he was only a 3 year old. I passed him up at 20 yards but when he gave me a second chance at 75 yards I took it.

My Uncles place is north east of deposit out near middleburgh, he has 115 acres, and at 2300ft when its raining down below its snowing at his place. We had 5 different big bucks (12, 2-10s, 2-8s) on camera opening day bow and the following day and never to be seen again. The buck I took was the only buck seen in person between bow and opening gun weekend???

After not getting a buck all bow season I was able to take one with my AR10 today. He was the 4th biggest we had been seeing on our trail cams but the other 3 were taken on Saturday morning by the guys on the neighboring property. He is the type of buck that I would have loved to see what he matured into next season but I couldn't be happier.

Dan, this goes back awhile to my ex brother in law but I thought NY was strictly shotguns and slugs for deer. He was from the Allegheny area, east of Buffalo. PA is one of two states yet that doesn't permit semi auto rifle hunting for anything.

Nice hunting for those that got them so far and John, keep after that 10 point.

Dan, this goes back awhile to my ex brother in law but I thought NY was strictly shotguns and slugs for deer. He was from the Allegheny area, east of Buffalo. PA is one of two states yet that doesn't permit semi auto rifle hunting for anything.

Nice hunting for those that got them so far and John, keep after that 10 point.
Certain counties in NY are shotgun only and some are even bow only. The rest of the counties you can use most rifles including ARs. I am the only guy that I know out of all my hunting buddies that uses one though. They think I am crazy until I let them shoot it :). I love having the 1-6x scope because there is never a shot that I can't clearly take with it. Plus I shoot thousands and thousands of rounds out of my .223 version so the gun is very second nature for me to shoot. I do wish I was able to hunt with a can on it as it is so loud when it goes off because of the muzzle break.

Nick buck!! My brother took a 4 point this morning but I've yet to see a buck aside from a button and a couple small does.

Im still hunting with a bow but I've not seen anything where a gun would have been desired.

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology

Back