• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Deer Hunting 2014

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
That time of the year is here again so I will get this years deer hunting thread started.

Archery Deer in MI opens today and I am....well I'm sitting at work, but In spirit I'm in the woods.

Got any trophy pics, news, stories, etc, post them up here!!

Good Luck Everyone

general rifle starts here this weekend, just getting off of bow for elk, couple guys at work got some real ball draggers, one a 7x6 bull, massive !

here is the little(r) one

Last edited:
uploadfromtaptalk1412459890442.jpg

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology

those things are good for snipen'

I can nail a bulls-eye out to 60 yards!! Sounds like a .22 going off though, xbows are not that quiet.

I saw two does Sunday night just before dark 25-30 yards out. I must begetting old, as I'm sitting there with the scope on them all I could think of is that it's late, I hate tracking in the dark and I have to be up for work early tomorrow so I just watched them and let them go. I've got til Jan 1st, I hope I don't regret passing on them. Next time I may not be so nice LOL

Had a doe and 3 fawns in the back yard about a half hour ago getting lunch on acorns. No pics, but I just went out and put out some corn and set up the camera, so will probably have pics tomorrow.

I must begetting old, as I'm sitting there with the scope on them all I could think of is that it's late, I hate tracking in the dark and I have to be up for work early tomorrow so I just watched them and let them go. I've got til Jan 1st, I hope I don't regret passing on them. Next time I may not be so nice LOL
wise decision when your flinging pointy sticks, pretty rare the drop in their tracks.....gotta bleed , hard enough to find them in the daylight

you can shoot a doe if you want ?

wise decision when your flinging pointy sticks, pretty rare the drop in their tracks.....gotta bleed , hard enough to find them in the daylight

you can shoot a doe if you want ?

Archery season allows tagging of does in MI. I also have an additional doe tag for my area. Rifle season only allows does with the additional doe tag. There are a few areas that allow either or; these are the ones where they found a case or TB or CWD and think wiping out the herd will make it go away.

Even with a gun I never count on dropping them in their tracks. I never underestimate a creatures will to survive.

Archery season allows tagging of does in MI. I also have an additional doe tag for my area. Rifle season only allows does with the additional doe tag. There are a few areas that allow either or; these are the ones where they found a case or TB or CWD and think wiping out the herd will make it go away.

Even with a gun I never count on dropping them in their tracks. I never underestimate a creatures will to survive.

That includes people. You can blow a mans heart apart and he'll still be able to function for 15 sec. or so if he's in good shape. Animals like big hogs are much tougher.

Got a bunch of pics last nite. Mama and the triplets. And possibly a different pair of doe early this morning. That's my back porch in the background. About 30yds from the corn I put out yesterday. Well within Blackhawk range. ;)

WGI_0004.jpg~original

WGI_0002.jpg~original

WGI_0028.jpg~original

Nice!

Next pics he posts up will show him in a ghillie suit pretending to be a bush, then popping up to take out the deer with a bowie knife...

Nice buck. I got skunked last night

Back