• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Deer Hunting 2014

Yummm.

What flavor(s) seasoning were you using?

The corn in the field I hunt beside just came down over the weekend. Wooo Hoooo!!!! My 10' by 40 yard view is now expanded to about 1K yards. At least I can see, the does I saw at 50 were still to far to shoot. LOL

Anyone have any recommendations for keeping mice out of a blind? I have a nest of about 6 in there now. I cleared out the nest but they were coming back in at dark. I'm sure I'll find another nest when I get back out there. They have already destroyed the screens I hung over the windows to help block my movements. Short of some type of d-Con or TomCat I'm not sure what to use.

Funny I've never had mice in a blind before, guess I've been lucky.

Dryer sheets scattered around inside will almost always keep mice away. If that doesn't work, use moth balls.

The poison (Tomcat) seems to have eliminated the mouse issue. No sign on then the last time out.

I hunted the last day out of deer season yesterday and only saw two does that were much too far out to shoot. I saw them early then had the pleasure of watching a couple of guys with dogs work their way along the far edge of the field hunting pheasant. That pretty much hosed the evening hunt for me. They parked right at the property owners barn so I have to assume he gave them permission. The prop owner does not hunt himself and while he would not intentionally screw up our deer hunting, I don't think he really know when the seasons begin/end.

The wind was so bad along the corn field I'm not sure I was going to see mu ch anyway, at least not anything that was going to stop long enough for a shot.

Now on to ice fishing and prepping for spring turkey!!!!

Never weighed it I'm sure when I get the bill to cut and wrap I'll have a good idea need to learn how to Butcher on my own
If you have the time and the space, butchering your own is the way to go! Satisfaction of kill to table, and you get more meat, the cuts you want, and most of all you know you get YOUR animal!

Nice looking moose! Only have deer where I am but any kill is a good one in my book!

Back