• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Deer Ridge Gun/Bow Camera Mount?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

I stumbled on upon it looking for something else and was curious whether anyone else has had any experience with it.

Link to product at Cabelas

Attachments

• 31DmCEgzY8L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31DmCEgzY8L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 884
  • s7_712627_999_alt01_01.jpg
    s7_712627_999_alt01_01.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 884
Can't say I have seen this before, but I would like to hear something more about it! Would be nice for hunting if you had something to rest your gun on, I am sure it adds some weight and unbalances the gun

Looking at the way it mounts to the gun, I don't think I'd like it.

I made my own camera mounts out of some old scope rings. It places the camera directly above the scope.

cameragunmount079.jpg

cameragunmount081.jpg

You sir... ARE A FREAKING GENIUS! i need to get something like that for my shotgun when slug hunting! Does Sony cover squibs in their extended warranty?? :D

Itsricmo said:
You sir... ARE A FREAKING GENIUS!

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time :lol:

It's usually the exact opposite :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahah no really that is an awesome idea! I woulda never thought of that! Ill mount one up to my shotty and use it as digital optics ;)

no problem.

If you do, most camera's use common 1/4-20 thread bolts.

(just trying to make life a little easier for you)

I like your mount John, but I'm looking at it for my shotguns which are not equipped with rails or scopes.

Upon furthur pondering of this I don't think this it will work for what I intend as I think the mounting hole is way to big to fit snugly on my 500c. But I have a thought for another DIY project.... :mrgreen:

I know guys that record their ARs in competition. They have fabbed up light weight modified rail mounts and tend to use HD point-and-shoot cameras with video function. It's on my to-do list unless I find one that is affordable and will fit right where I want it. Other folks drop some $$ on mini remote hat cams etc. FWIW I like watching them especially if it is footage from top shooters in a match I was in. 'Course blowing up watermelons and jugs will get you more hits on You Tube - HAR!

Universal_1_Square_Close_Small_1.png
mounts like this block a bit too much sightline - I'm looking at adding a side rail on the Magpul MOE.

My version on my S&W M&P 15 OR.

photobucket-27088-1346101642503.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H87BzcRMYXE[/youtube]

You all are Genius'! I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade and I am jealous of the creativity on this forum! That is awesome, Kodiak!!

MikeD said:
Upon furthur pondering of this I don't think this it will work for what I intend as I think the mounting hole is way to big to fit snugly on my 500c. But I have a thought for another DIY project.... :mrgreen:

You could use the Elzetta ZSM shotgun light mount and the optional pic rail attachment and connect the camera to that.

51px-46PIfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Itsricmo said:
You all are Genius'! I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade and I am jealous of the creativity on this forum! That is awesome, Kodiak!!

Aw shucks, tweren't nothin.

I would have never thought of using the Scope mount for any of this haha... would have been much more work if I had to think about it :D most likely using a CNC Machine such as Mazak or HAAS lol

After a little playing around I came up with this. It needs some padding around the barrel cutout, rubber around the camera mount and shorted mounting screw (The screw I had to mount it is a little to long) but I think it will work. The camera screw was from a tripod mount I had sitting around

20120910_194024.jpg

20120910_194016.jpg

20120910_193952.jpg

20120910_193930.jpg

20120910_193911.jpg

20120910_194038.jpg

Thats Pretty Sweet! That is something like I would make. Being it all is aluminum (I'm assuming) it should be pretty light weight, correct?

Itsricmo said:
Thats Pretty Sweet! That is something like I would make. Being it all is aluminum (I'm assuming) it should be pretty light weight, correct?

All aluminum except for the camera mounting bolt.

It's pretty light.

I'll be testing it out this weekend.

Back