• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Deer Season 2012

I headed back out this evening for my last try with the crossbow. I didn't see anything but the season is now officially done for me. I definitely can't complain about this one

Now on to ice fishing, maybe some bunnies and preping for spring turkey hunting

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Itsricmo said:
GREAT JOB!! :D
Nice Hat ;)
I was wondering if anyone was going to notice the hat

Growing up my whole life I had only went deer hunting 1 time and that was with a friend when I was about 10. I never even shot the gun I pretty much just watched. Boss at work for the past 10 years has been trying to get me to go. In 2012 I bought my first ever gun Mossberg .270. November 3rd 2012 I went and got my Hunter Ed course passed the week before opening day.

Went out opening morning and we sat there till around 9am. Never saw anything and heard several shots all around us. I went back out that monday after work and sat there till about 5:10pm It was getting pretty dark. We spotted a small deer walk out. We followed it for about 10 minutes and I decided I was gonna shot it. It was roughly 140 yards out. I was only comfortable shooting 100 yards. The excitement of actually seeing a deer it didnt even register it was that far away. 1 shot and it went down like a sack of potatoes. We waited about 10 minutes and walked over to it. Once we go up there we then noticed it was a button buck. It weighed in about 120 pounds.

First picture shows about where he was standing and died.
23349547-b15d-431a-b295-2f046c3cedb9_zps379defc8.jpg

This picture is horrible but all I got of my first ever deer.
3614_10152249700780046_944321844_n.jpg

meat in the freezer is always a good thing.

So any of you guys do any elk hunting? Bout 2 1/2 hours from my house is where a lot of the elk in the area are. Only problem is, a lot of the land is private so you need to obtain permission to hunt around there. Lots of the farmers get fed up with getting calls around the clock from hunters, so I am trying to find a good in with someone up there. Elk is by far the best game meat I have ever had, normally up here its moose, bear, elk, deer, some caribou, bison, and mountain sheep for the adventurers. I've had all of that and Elk is just the nicest meat i've come across. So I've been working on my calls and figuring out how you hunt these beauties. I am putting in for a draw this year so hopefully i get one, Also putting in for a moose tag, probably buy some deer tags too.
Anyways if anyone has any cool elk hunting stories or pics i would love for you to share!

I put in for an elk tag every year. Ill probably die before I get drawn for a MI tag. LOL

Back