• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Destroying Remaining Stock of AR’s...a “Dick’s” Move

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
http://www.guns.com/2018/04/14/dicks-will-destroy-remaining-inventory-of-assault-rifles/

If you are not already appalled with Dick’s over the last half dozen years or so...this should do it.

I wish there was Dick’s in Canada that I could boycott. No self-respecting gun owner or patriotic American for that matter...should EVER step foot in or spend a penny with this seditious bunch of lefty whackos.

Just my opinion of course.....

Look for Dickhead's to go the route of Gander Molehill... True sportsmen will not buy ANYTHING from their stores. Most of their stuff is overpriced, anyway. The only time I would set foot is when I had a $10 off coupon and that would be for something for my student-athlete.

The same people own Field And Stream They take the Dicks rewards card and charge tbe same high prices. I quit going there a few years ago when they refused to sell me a picatinny rail witbout showing ID because it was a "gun part".

Never go full retard!!

I will never buy anything from them no matter the price or availability. I have been there and they never have what I need and like Gander they are overpriced.
I hope they go bankrupt.

I do think believe we should buy from local dealers if at all possible though online is sometimes the only option.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online is about my only option most of the time. The local stores charge full msrp, plus most of the time. There is one pawn shop where 22's are still $10 per 50 for one example. Visible dust on most all their stuff. I have often wondered how he keeps his doors open but I think most of his sales are for drugs under the table.

I have one local shop that I have do my transfers. He's mostly bow/archery stuff, but he will do transfers for me anytime I ask. And $20 transfer fee isn't terrible either. That's what I was charging folks when I had my FFL's.

Online is about my only option most of the time. The local stores charge full msrp, plus most of the time. There is one pawn shop where 22's are still $10 per 50 for one example. Visible dust on most all their stuff. I have often wondered how he keeps his doors open but I think most of his sales are for drugs under the table.

Just wow.

The minimum fee here is $30 now but some people are charging 50.

I've got a few things at Dicks since they opened in Fresno last year. But I always thought that their stuff was a little overpriced and you had to wait a long time for service at the counters.

Basically every time I stopped at that store to shop I came away with a bad taste in my mouth.

BTW, Our local Dix has never had much stock of military-style weapons and is trying to cater to the popular black powder and sass Shooters here locally. Their gun prices were always horrible compared to Davidson's online.

Prices on non-shooting equipment is not too bad for this area, though some things are confusingly high.

Most of those SASS guys are veterans, law enforcement or local Cowboys who would spit on Dix, rather than shop there.

The very first time I went in there I started talking to the guy behind the scope counter about Weaver rails and Picatinny rails and he looked at me like I had three heads.

I shop at Valley Rod & Gun because it's 10 miles closer and they carry reloading supplies. Sometimes their prices are even higher than dicks, but rarely, and when you walk in the door there's a human being to wait on you.

That's where I bought my Savage target rifle and most of my reloading supplies.

I bought all my guns from very small businessmen but most of them came online through Davidsons. This is definitely the way to do it if you like the world's greatest selection of weapons but you don't want to deal with big box store mentalities.

How long before the CEO is Riding his Golden Parachute. I'll love to watch the the big brain lose their shirt then they lose their mind cause they will bow down the all mighty dollar and they will sell as much

Went in an Academy the other night to take a look and pick up some .300BO ammo (got some sub and super) and 7.92 (8mm) Mauser (they were out). Young guy behind the counter was knowledgable AND eNthUsiasTic which bodes well for society at large... :) It wasn't busy so he helped my son and I handle a number of different firearms (AKs, HiPoints :D, M-9 (92), revolvers, .380 stuff, Shockwave, etc.).

Back