• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Do all Silver Reserve II's have the quail engraving?

teknofile

Copper BB
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a Silver Reserve II - Combo 12 & 20 Gauge (when I find a local shop with it in stock to I can put it on my shoulder and see how well it physically fits). I've been doing a lot of internet browsing and I've seen a lot of pictures - some of the pictures I've seen have the gold inlay of quail looking birds on the receiver - some don't. Are these birds just on one side of the receiver? Do all of the Silver Reserve II's have this bird in-lay? Is there any other options like ducks? Phesants?

Thanks,
James

Welcome aboard1

All of the SR II I've seen out there have had this same engraving...

There may be other versions out there, but I have not seen one yet...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard1

All of the SR II I've seen out there have had this same engraving...

There may be other versions out there, but I have not seen one yet...

LES, thanks for the reply.

Before I have my dealer order me one I'm trying to find out for sure though (I would hate for him to have to send it back - I really like the inlay and I know it sounds 'dumb' but if I'm going to spend ~$900 on it, it'll be what I want. I'd spend then extra 500-600 on something else otherwise.

Searching images.google.com I've not been able to tell for sure. And the review at http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/mossber ... n-review/# has me worried. It has pictures that do not have the birds on them. But I'm not sure if early models didn't have them or if the "field" model doesn't have them or what. It also looked like some pictures I've seen that some models have/had an adjustable cheek rest?

You're welcome Sir.

You could always put the responsibility on your dealer to make sure the model they order is EXACTLY what you want. Show them photos if necessary. Make it known up front that you will not settle for anything else and they should be able to contact their distributor for clarification before it ships. Good luck and keep us posted...

Yup. The dealer has questions out to the distributors. I've found it is also easier (and I enjoy the research) to know before hand exactly what is coming. It helps with me not being disappointed when something comes in.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Please note the Silver Reserve II (2) does not have the quails... The silver reserve does but that was the first edition this is the revision that should have taken care of many of the problems such as the bad firing pins etc... :D

Thank you all. Very informative post.

Based on that - I've placed my order for a Silver Res II. Can't wait for it to come in (Why are all the distributors out of stock! LOL)

I purchased a sr2 sporting in Dec/12. There are no quails. The engraving looks much nicer on the sr2.
Gun handles and feels like a more expensive gun.I have not had any problems so far with her. I did take her all apart , and cleaned everything, Trigger and action, bbl's. I also cleaned and put a coat of burchwood casey stock sealer on it. I like the shotgun so far. As of now it will do every thing my Remi and browning o/u do. The older sr1 took a well diserved rap, But i think this sr2 is a kepper. I have had Citories go bad to. So see for yourself, shoot the heck out of her, and don't listen to the guy's that have the latest expencive shot guns. Shoot what you can afford and have FUN. :D

Back