• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Do NOT visit downtown Ferguson

That too is likely. That's only a week away.

No doubt.

A lot of nervous people there, and with honest to goodness reason for it.

I know if I lived there, my family would be on an extended vacation until further notice.

If I had to make a bet, I'd bet the indictment announcement does not come until after election day. Take care. Tom Worthington
On the other hand releasing it now will take attention away from the progressive left's impending loss at the polls. They are already withholding the next mandate of Obamacare (middle class killing employer mandate), the executive orders on amnesty and who know what else until after the election.

CNN is reporting that the police chief will likely be stepping down within the week.

^
789px-Spawn-OA93-5.jpg

Spawn is even using my favorite brand in this scene. It's an OA93 made by Olympic Arms. :)

lots more info here: http://www.oa2.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13213

That was my motivation for building an AR pistol. ;)

Same here.

TN carry permits are an HCP - handgun carry permit, so I couldn't legally carry a loaded rifle. But, my 7.5" barrel AR pistol is as legal as a snub-nose .38...

Same here LES. In fact I got mine grandfathered in as a "Michigan Pistol' before they changed the wording of the laws.

We can have any gun we want in the cab of a car/truck without any sort of permit here. That's why I was asking LES what TN laws were a while back and I was frankly surprised with the answer.

Here, you just can't hide the gun out of sight without a CCW. (rifle behind a truck seat, etc). But you can drive around with rifles laying in the seat, sitting up seat belted in or whatever.

Handguns may be stored in a glove box with or without a CCW and placing inside a glove box is not considered concealed because it is exempted by default.

I suppose that it matters that KY law protects open carry freely and without permit requirements, so I suppose that spilled over into the transportation laws.

Y'all have some bad carry laws.

RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License
527.020 Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapon.
(8) A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space [regularly] installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism. No person or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person from keeping a loaded or unloaded firearm or ammunition, or both, or other deadly weapon in a vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this subsection. Any attempt by a person or organization, public or private, to violate the provisions of this subsection may be the subject of an action for appropriate relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or District Court of competent jurisdiction. This subsection shall not apply to any person prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040.

Open Carry is legal in Kentucky. Not all places listed in the "Places Off Limits" apply to those who are Open Carrying. It is up to you to know what laws apply to you when Open Carrying.

The state preempts all firearm laws in the state and local authorities can’t have Laws/Ordinances against open carry. Remember that if you enter any property and the owner/responsible person ask you to leave you must leave. Failure to leave can result in Trespass Charges. The Minimum age for Open Carry is 18

Here long guns must be unloaded and cased and placed in the trunk or at inaccessible if you have no trunk.

Being in a car is considered being concealed so you cannot OC without a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) in a vehicle. With a CPL you can technically duct tape it to the windshield if you want. I'm not saying you won't get pulled over or even arrested but it is technically legal.

That WAS the case when I started carrying the AR pistol.

The TN State legislature passed SB 1774 that went into effect 7/9/14 which creates an exemption for individuals legally allowed to own a firearm to carry a pistol, rifle, or shotgun in their lawfully posessed vehicle without a handgun carry permit...

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=SB1774

This new exemption does ONLY apply to the weapon INSIDE the vehicle, so firearms cannot be lawfully carried outside of the vehicle without a valid carry permit and then the permit still applies ONLY to handguns. It basically enforces the principal that the inside of your vehicle is your own private property and subject to the same protection under law as is your home...

Trunk is too far away for me.

Mine stays within arms reach of the driver's seat...

To clarify, my CCW is a Glock 26 in my briefcase (man purse :D) next to me on the passenger seat, loaded with 10 with a 33rounder next to the 26. Worst case scenario it would be enough to allow me to get to my trunk through the passenger compartment (seats fold down) to get the AR... :)

My three long guns and ALL the extra ammo for each of them ride with me to work, then they transfer to my work ride for 12-hours, and transfer back to my POV for the ride home. Then they get brought inside and secured or laid ready while I sleep. Tomorrow it all starts again. Geez, I should look like the Hulk by now.

Ferguson is going to be a real mess as far as future law enforcement agencies having any presence there with jurisdictional authority and patrol officers with any willingness to protect that community.

Back