• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dove season starts tomorrow!

Dove season starts in TX tomorrow, anyone else? I've never shot an animal but I really want to use my shotgun on some dove! I may try this weekend! I have suddenly taken an interest in hunting because I've been playing all the hunting games on our Wii and its fun! Its also nice that my brother in law has his own meat processing business. So any hunting my husband does, we get that service for free. woohoo!

Congrats...and good hunting !!

Post some pics from afield when you get back... ;)

the xterra is loaded. Just gotta remember to grab my shotgun in the morning.

Dove season for me is as much of a social event as a hunting event. a chance to see old hunters and friends. Its not just sitting still and alone in a tree.

I am SOOOOOO hoping to do some more hunting this year! I still havent looked to see when the seasons are here...

Michelle, Allison killed her first rabbit this year! With a pellet gun, one shot! I had her help me skin it and part it out for dogs! She did pretty good!

FOR THE DOGS!?!?!?! Why waste the best tasting meat ever? I love me some rabbit. Good shooting though. That's how I learned to hunt rabbit and I know that a one shot kill with a pellet rifle is a helluva shot.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
FOR THE DOGS!?!?!?! Why waste the best tasting meat ever? I love me some rabbit. Good shooting though. That's how I learned to hunt rabbit and I know that a one shot kill with a pellet rifle is a helluva shot.

She hit it right behind the ear! It died in about 30 seconds so it wasnt instant which she was upset about.

Yeah, the dogs. It was late when she shot it, about dark. I hung it in the shed and cleaned it in the morning... it was pretty cool over night, but not refrigerator cold.

Hey...as long as it was a clean kill, the rabbit pelt was kept and the meat was eaten...the hunting gods are satisfied !! ;)

SHOOTER13 said:
Hey...as long as it was a clean kill, the rabbit pelt was kept and the meat was eaten...the hunting gods are satisfied !! ;)

Yup! We kept the skin, and the feet, everything was eaten including bone!!! Allison said she wanted the feet cuz theyre lucky. I told her the rabbit had 4 of them and it didnt help abit.

Back