• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Eagle Gets a Deer

OhioArcher

Where's da fishes?
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Pretty impressive. If this eagle can take a deer I would imagine it can take down a human if it wanted to...

LONDON (AP) — The eagle, red-handed.

Remote cameras intended to monitor Siberian tigers in Russia instead caught a golden eagle's fatal attack on a deer, snapping three photos as the massive bird dug its talons into the distressed animal's back.

London's Zoological Society, which distributed the pictures to journalists, said the sequence showed a rare but not unheard of attack by a golden eagle. The society's Linda Kerley said she first realized something was up when she approached the wildlife-monitoring device — also called a camera trap — and found a mangled deer carcass nearby.

http://www.cincinnatibell.net/news/read ... sian_ea-ap

Attachments

• eagle on deer 1.jpg
    eagle on deer 1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 205
  • eagle on deer 2.jpg
    eagle on deer 2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 204
That's a bad day in a deers life!

I know it's not funny if it were my own dog, but I always laugh a little when I see posts for small dogs and cats missing up here... Cause we all know what happens to them! No land predators other than a few foxes and of course bear (who really prefer fish or trash)... It's the damn eagles you gotta watch for... they're tough too! Saw a young one swim almost 75 yards after being scared and forced to land in the harbor... couldn't make that up if I tried! And when you see one sitting on the ground perching almost 3 or 4 feet tall... Whole new respect!

aksavanaman said:
I know it's not funny if it were my own dog, but I always laugh a little when I see posts for small dogs and cats missing up here... Cause we all know what happens to them!

They are some amazing pictures. Unless we are outside I have noticed that our cat does not waste anytime in the open area of the yard. He only moves slow when trees or other protection are near. We do have large hawks that hunt here and bald eagles aren't to far away either.

We gotta watch the Yorkies when they are outside. The smallest is not much bigger than a large squirrel...easy pickings for a hawk or owl.

That's crazy. I didn't know they would take on something bigger than they are.

I still want to see shot #3 with the bird sitting on the carcass. (Should have read the story first - missed the link looking on my phone).

Back