• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

empty cartridge sticking

Those win birdshot are garbage...they are 100% the culprit.

Switch to the Federals sold at Walmart for the same price ($22 for 100)

They slide much much smoother, and for the same price, you shouldn't have issues.

Btw, I had no major issues for extracting since I pull pretty good, but my short wife had an issue every few shots. Once I switched rounds, I noticed it much easier to pull, and she has not had one issue thus far

My 930 does this and the culprit isn't the ammo but a dirty chamber. I had lead fouling and plastic build up from the shells themselves no matter what brand. I made a cleaning rod that I attach to my cordless drill and with a 12GA brush and a little 000 steal wool I hone it and clean the chamber with this setup along with Break Free CLP. Cleans like a champ and works great for another couple hundred rounds..

DaveinCT said:
My 930 does this and the culprit isn't the ammo but a dirty chamber. I had lead fouling and plastic build up from the shells themselves no matter what brand. I made a cleaning rod that I attach to my cordless drill and with a 12GA brush and a little 000 steal wool I hone it and clean the chamber with this setup along with Break Free CLP. Cleans like a champ and works great for another couple hundred rounds..

+100
This is absolutely the best way to clean a 12 gauge. My wife and I shoot hundreds of rounds a week and my drill is the best way to help remove all the plastic that builds up from the cheap wads I use to reload.

I plan to start cleaning my shotgun the same way after throwing a lot of lead down range. Thanks for the tip.

EAINC said:
Seems to me like this is a pretty big problem, with lots of people

I think that it has a lot to do with the cheap ammo being manufactured.
Winchester are notorious for sticking or over expanding after firing. It may be the quality of metal or plastic that they are using in their shotshells.

I have never seen any problems with Federal or Remington shells, even the cheap Walmart stuff.

Back