• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Favorite. 22?

Ammo or gun model?

Marlin Model 60.

Ruger 10/22 is a close 2nd

They are both reliable and accurate with a wide variety of ammo. Its as simple as that for me.

My Model 60 has been my go to .22 hunting and range rifle for many years and it has never let me down.

The 10/22 also has the benefit of an endless supply of aftermerket parts to configure it however you desire to. Want a custome target rifle or a tacticool plinker? You can do it with that platform.

They are both reliable and accurate with a wide variety of ammo. Its as simple as that for me.

My Model 60 has been my go to .22 hunting and range rifle for many years and it has never let me down.

The 10/22 also has the benefit of an endless supply of aftermerket parts to configure it however you desire to. Want a custome target rifle or a tacticool plinker? You can do it with that platform.

The 60 is tube fed, as opposed to the 795 with a magazine. Is there advantages/disadvantages to either, or just a matter of preference?

After using both for several years, it's kind of a draw.

Reloading a magazine fed gun is only faster if you already have the magazines filled.

Only real advantage to a magazine is that you can buy bigger ones, with the tube you are pretty much stuck with what you have.

Savage MK II FV-SR

Savage MKII

Marlin Model 60

In that order.

Another vote for the Marlin(s) ...

I own a Glenfield Marlin Model 60 Semi-Automatic...and a Marlin Model 80C Bolt Action.

My .22 pistol is a Browning Buckmark...

I love my 10/22. It was the first .22 rifle I ever bought. Actually the only one. Bought it new in 1973.

I'm a remington guy.......... Pretty fond of my 513T. I'll post some pics once I can get on photobucket. It's down for some reason.

Reactions: MRL
JC Higgins bolt action, 10 shot magazine.
First real gun I ever bought.
Lost it doing "stupid stuff" as a kid.
Found its twin in a friends gun store a few years back. Bought it on the spot.

Best shooter, my Savage MKII

Back