• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fawn Born At My Work.

Gary Murray

.270 WIN
I work at an iron foundry and we have deer on the property all the time including nice bucks. This little guy was born just after my shift started yesterday. It's laying right beside the molding boxes that we use and yes momma was watching me.
550759_10151061425189050_1953716358_n.jpg

Awesome.

He's playing the "if I sit still enough you can't see me" game. :-D

Hahahaha. His/her legs were all wobbly and you can still see that it's a little damp still from the placebo that momma was licking off it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Haha, yeah he does look grumpy!
You should of seen the look on mommas face then when i was taking the pic if you think the fawn looked grumpy. I took the pic and got out of there before i got myself an ass kicking from her ha ha.

Gary, is it still around? I assume it has gotten strong enough to move on now.

Haven't seen it so i imagine it has. We get newborns every year on the property and they hang around for a bit. We get nice bucks living there too and the deer tend to disappear when it gets closer to the rut.

My girlfriend had one outside her office building for a day or so a couple days before you posted your pics. I think she said it was there for a day or two and then they didn't see it any more.

Yeah, funny how they know to disappear near hunting season. I think they are smarter than we are.

Ha ha. Ill tell you something ironic Mike. Remember that vehicle restricted area that i'm building my game cart for? That place is a 5 minute drive above my work. These deer are coming down from that area and onto our property and then they head back up there. The housing area above my foundry is known as Wiltse Flats because the real estate developer is Ted Wiltse who built up much of that area and i went to school with his kids. You drive up to the very last house at the top and there is a gravel parking lot with a yellow gate blocking the road and "No Motorized Vehicles" signs. That area i hunt is just referred to as Wiltse. Not sure if Ted owns that mountain or leases it but the only vehicles allowed in there are Gas company because of the gas line or the electrical company that has to service the power lines. Nobody hunts in there except for me and maybe a couple of others because some hunters here are just too lazy to get out of their trucks and walk. The deer aren't pressured in there and i've seen big bucks in there including big rams which is where i put in for my sheep draw.

Back