• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Feeding problems while chambering a round

Klaw

Copper BB
so i went to the range yesterday and the first round i tried to chamber got hung up on the feeding ramp, I pulled the charging handle back and let it go and it jammed up i pulled it back again and let it go and the round went in, now when i ejected the round (unfired it have marring on the projectile and casing but not too bad) after the round was chambered i was able to fire it with no problem but every once in a while i would have a FTF. Now if i have the bolt lock back and release it i have a round chamber with no problem, the gun was clean and i haven't had this problem before i've put about 800 rounds through it before and only have i FTF. Im thinking about polishing the feed ramp but it looks fine i ran a qtip across the ramps to see if anything was snagging and i didn't see anything that would raise a red flag. Anyone have any thoughts??? thanks

Did you change brands of ammo? could be a difference in the bullet, or seating depth. Also did you try using a different mag? Did you happen to drop the mag at any point possibly damaging the feed lips?

Feeding issues are rarely the result of the feed ramps or the weapon itself. This seems like a mag issue to me. What mags are you using? Was this a new mag? Is it always the same one when the issue presents?

ive tried about 3 different mags and all the same, but i was using m pro7 as a lube and switched to frog lube and it seemed to help but i don't think that the problem i cleaned (not polished) the feed ramp real good and it kinda helped but still same problems. I don't drop my mags i shoot at a indoor range i baby my gun, mags, etc. ill get some pics up when i get a chance. thanks for yalls input

problem fixed, took it to a gunsmith he said it was due to poor craftsmanship during the manufacturing he said hes seen 5 MMR's so far with same problem, it was the feed ramp being to sharp. I took it apart and polished it and smoothed it down now im selling it and gonna get a good quality gun

Back