• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fiber Optic Sights

Best fiber optic front sight for the 590A1?

What's the best one out there? I'm interested in a simple green fiber optic front sight that will fit onto the 590A1 that has the heavy barrel and bead. Essentially, something that will stand out big-time in the daytime. I'm not too concerned about tritium or anything like that for night shooting.

Re: Best fiber optic front sight for the 590A1?

Sure! Youre welcome!

Have any questions about Fiber Optic Sights? Is there a particular model you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...

I just got the TruGlo II clip on front sight. Super bright.
Just shot 50 rounds the other day and it didn't move at all.

And if it ever broke and just fell off...your Bead is still there

Here ya go
819c6874.jpg

That's awesome! I like these sights a lot and they don't require any modification.

My daughter uses a TruGlo sight also!

I replaced the factory sights on my XD40sc with a set from Truglo, green rear w/red front. They work well for me. I need to take some pics...

Keep in mind that an FO sight that extends above the Bead (like mine) will affect your Point of Impact/Sight Picture.
I tested it with Slugs from 25 yards shooting at a 3" Bullseye and was just touching the bottom of the Bullseye.

With the Higher front sight now I just need to Hold ON the target instead of a 6 O Clock hold.
My Pistols are all set up to hold on the target so I actually like it better

Kungfunerd said:
Keep in mind that an FO sight that extends above the Bead (like mine) will affect your Point of Impact/Sight Picture.

YES! It most definitely will! I have the same issue with my Meprolight bead and its been messin up my wing shooting! I hadnt noticed it when testing buckshot at closer ranges, I'm still hitting targets... it was only after some range time and shooting clays that I noticed.

So definitely, when you go with an optic, even just a front bead, with a higher than factory profile, you pretty much have to get out and do some range time to find your hold on target.

Good point Kungfunerd!

I just placed an order for Aimpro's Fiber Optic GRS front blade replacement for my 590a1...

Can't wait to get it installed and take it out for a spin!

My Aimpro Fiber Optic GRS front blade came in today!

I love getting home to find a package waiting. Took all of about twenty minutes to cut the old blade off and get the new one installed. The Aimpro FO blade tapped in without any grinding. Not sure when I'll get a chance to get out to the range with it, but I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow...

Awesome! You get any pics yet?

I too love finding boxes waiting for me!!!

Back