• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fire

B O B has striker, matches in waterproof container, steel wool and 9 v, lighter, and a magnifying glass. Also some cotton balls and petroleum jelly. Now I have some new ideas thanks to the folks on this forum.

Let me tell you a little better way than cotton balls and petroleum jelly.

I recently did some woodwork with a sander and a router, which makes really fine sawdust.

Clean the lint trap out of your dryer filter and tear them into little pieces and wad it up into a little ball about the size of those little bouncy balls we used to get out of those nickel machines.

Smother the Vaseline onto the lint balls and then roll them around into the sawdust. Mush it all up together and roll it around making sure you get as much sawdust in the Vaseline as you can.

Each little lint ball will burn 4-5 minutes after only one strike with a firestarter.

In a real life scenario, you could substitute old cooking grease from frying up meat, or even Crisco, lard, or Manteca.

I had never thought of that. Lord knows we have plenty of lint that just gets thrown away. Thanks for the tip.

Back