• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First day out there hunting with my Mossy 500

Doc7

Copper BB
Today was my first day ever hunting! I went looking for squirrels and rabbits. Last weekend was opening day for NJ small game but I was otherwise occupied at a friend's wedding, and for the next 2 weeks I will be busy with my own wedding and honeymoon. We fly back in on a thursday though so I will quickly be back out in the woods :)

I didn't have much to show for it...here is the only 4-legged critter I even saw all day out there.

10108611433_3a7137f5b3_c.jpg

Reports from all over NJ is that the squirrels are tough to find right now. Next time I go I will be in the woods well before first light to make sure I catch them during any period of activity.

Here's a nice view of some foliage across a field they put in the WMA for the rabbit and bird hunters, and me near the end of an awesome morning, with my Mossberg 500 20 ga.

10108558326_2d16ebe46b_c.jpg

10108566206_3bbe5353cd_c.jpg

Hello Doc. Welcome to the forum from NY. Thanks for sharing the pics and congrats on your upcoming wedding. :D

Great pictures Doc! Looks like you enjoyed yourself even without sighting those "other" four legged creatures! Nice pictures as well, and welcome to MO.com :)

Back