• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FIXED POWER: Target/Precision Shooting Scope Options

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Have any questions about Fixed Power scopes for target/ precision shooting? Is there a particular model you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...

Re: FIXED POWER: Precision Shooting Scope Options

Mounted the new iTac Defense 3x Prismatic Scope on my Spikes midlength...

It added very little weight overall and the benefit of the 3x magnification led to great results on target. Got her zeroed in no time at all. Windage and elevation adjustments can be made with a standard screwdriver. The red/green illumination with adjustable brightness settings is a great feature for adjusting the reticle for any lighting conditions.

Here's a three shot group at 100yds. The spacing is right at 1", or 1MOA...

...and 20 rounds went into this one, also at 100yds...

Overall I'm VERY pleased with the new scope and would highly recommend the iTac 3x Prismatic Scope to anyone looking for an inexpensive 3x magnification optic.

I just picked up a SWFA 20X42 fixed power scope for my Remington 700. The base and rings haven't arrived yet so I can't make a personal recommendation but it came highly recommended from several long-range shooters that I know.

I have also heard very good things about SWFA, let us know how it performs.

What base/ring combo did you go with?

bellofello said:
I have also heard very good things about SWFA, let us know how it performs.

What base/ring combo did you go with?

Badger one-piece base and 30mm rings.

Back