• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FL: Man guns down armed robber

Scoop

.30-06
Florida man guns down AK-47-wielding robber: ‘Not going to go out like a punk’
By Ben Feuerherd, NYPost.com

Link w/ video

November 27, 2019 | 2:21am | Updated

A man in Florida told police and a local news station that he gunned down an AK-47-wielding robber because he didn’t want to “go out like a punk.”

The man, 60-year-old Donovan Stewart, told CBS Miami that the robber pointed the semi-automatic weapon at him while he, his wife and his son were in his van early Monday in the Liberty City section of Miami.

“He put an AK-47 to my damn face,” Stewart told the news station.

“I am from Kingston town in Jamaica, and I am not going to go out like a punk. So I emptied my Glock in his chest,” Stewart added.

The robber was declared dead a short time later, according to the report.

Stewart told the news station that he’s a member of the NRA and has several permits to carry concealed weapons.

A police official added that investigators believe the slaying was a case of self-defense.

“I am going to defend my life and those I love,” Stewart told CBS Miami.

“My family is innocent and just don’t put an AK-47 in my face. I will not allow that to happen.”

Florida man guns down AK-47-wielding robber: ‘Not going to go out like a punk’
By Ben Feuerherd, NYPost.com

Link w/ video

November 27, 2019 | 2:21am | Updated

A man in Florida told police and a local news station that he gunned down an AK-47-wielding robber because he didn’t want to “go out like a punk.”

The man, 60-year-old Donovan Stewart, told CBS Miami that the robber pointed the semi-automatic weapon at him while he, his wife and his son were in his van early Monday in the Liberty City section of Miami.

“He put an AK-47 to my damn face,” Stewart told the news station.

“I am from Kingston town in Jamaica, and I am not going to go out like a punk. So I emptied my Glock in his chest,” Stewart added.

The robber was declared dead a short time later, according to the report.

Stewart told the news station that he’s a member of the NRA and has several permits to carry concealed weapons.

A police official added that investigators believe the slaying was a case of self-defense.

“I am going to defend my life and those I love,” Stewart told CBS Miami.

“My family is innocent and just don’t put an AK-47 in my face. I will not allow that to happen.”

He must have been lightning fast to put a mag full into the chest of a man pointing a gun in his face. I think there may be more to the story, but if PD says it is justified, I won't argue.

Well... he talks a little to much. Especially to media.
My lawyer would say to summarize the action to the police something like:
"A man broke into my house and threatened to kill my family and me. He got shot."

All further discussion should take place in the presence of the lawyer. Some details need not come out in front of TV cameras. That's foolish.

But that's just me.

I understand why he was targeted by that robber with that amount of gold visible on him !

Back