• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Flashlight options for 940 Pro Tactical

I'm picking up a new 940 Pro Tactical today and am in the market for a side mounted flashlight. This gun has two M-LOK grooves on either side of the barrel/magazine clamp which seems like the perfect setup for a light. But when I look at various flashlights they all seem to have bulky and complicated hardware to mount the light. There is also limited documentation so it's nearly impossible to tell what you'd be getting. So I was hoping others may have some insight to help me narrow (or eliminate) my choices. I don't need a high-end light, just something with decent brightness that is compact, close fitting and preferably weighs ounces versus pounds.

Attachments

• MLOK.jpg
    MLOK.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 6
You might try GG&G. They make a variety of universal M-LOK mounting brackets plus specific 930 mag tube flashlight mounts.

Their products are well made and reasonably priced.

Regards

I'm not 100% certain it'll fit yours, but I have an Elzetta light clamp on my winchester 1300 that I like really well. I found many of the cheap clamps would slide around under recoil. The elzetta doesn't.

I wasn't referring to the GG&G either. I have no experience with it first hand. The elzetta is good to go if it'll fit the gun though.

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you joined.

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Much appreciated. Not sure if this is possible, but since the 940 Pro Tactical already has the M-LOK rail it seems there would be a flashlight available where the clamp which holds the flashlight connects directly to the existing M-LOK slots without the need for intermediate or additional mounting brackets. My search continues. I've already learned a lot since joining this forum!

I'm adding a link to the one I talked about below. But likely you've already seen it.

The one thing I'd test out is the location of your M-LOK fitting. Most of us use a push button tail switch flashlight and use our thumb to activate it. You might want to check you normal foregrip position and see where your thumb can reach. I confess I do not have a 930 or a 940 so I'm not sure about the reach inconjunction with the fixed mounting lug in your picture. For some flashlights, which use a 1 inch clamp, you will have some back and forth leeway but on others like a TLR -1 HL there is none. The mount shown in the link provides a couple of inches of adjustability for either type of mount.

I'm not sure which light you plan to use?

Good luck on your search.

Regards

Since magpul was the company who first did the mlok, I'm sure they'd have a light mount. I was only going by first hand experiences though of what has worked for me.

Thanks for the link. This looks like a good alternative but given the location of the 940 barrel clamp my guess is I won't want the extension going towards the muzzle, but perhaps in a reverse position. Maybe even one that doesn't extend in either direction. You've given me lots of things to consider. Thanks for that. My search for a light continues but one I did see on another forum would fit my needs. I just want a basic good quality light, nothing elaborate. The Streamlight 88066 pictured on the same gun I have would work fine.

I'm not sure why the heck I didn't think to go the the Magpul site in the first place. Lot's of good stuff there I need to explore. Thanks!

Attachments

• MLOK2.jpg
    MLOK2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 13
If you look at the GG&G site they have several M-LOK capable mounts inclulding the one above, a 45 degree offset one and a simple one linked below.

This one should basically cover your M-LOK slot and can attached a flashlight ring or accept a fixed mount. This should work with your Streamlight.

Again, good luck.
Regards

Last edited:
Arisaka makes some of the best mlok light mounts in the business. They are traditionally meant for the AR platform but with some planning one of them may work. Depending on where you want to actuate the light may dictate how you accomplish this. I would mount the gun to your shoulder and see where your off hand sits comfortably. Try to match the tailcap of the light to that location based on the specs of the light itself (if planning to use the tailcap vs a tape switch). Something in the streamlight rail mount series can be had for less than $100 and I’m confident you can find a comfortable mounting location with or without the included tape switch.

Last edited:
I checked out Arisaka, and your right, the mounts they offer are the best collection of solutions I've seen so far. I ordered an "INFORCE WML White Gen2" to see if/how it would work and mount. It looks small, has the basic features for the price and a bit different than most lights. And it looks to have a low profile. I'm convinced a Streamlight would work fine and may well end up with one. I want a light, but want to avoid the "flashlight taped to the barrel look" if you know what I mean. Not sure I need a separate switch, but will have to see. Less gear the better. But switches are common for a reason.
Thanks for all to good info. It's nice to be able to tap into this forums wealth of knowledge. It's very helpful for me and much appreciated!

I checked out Arisaka, and your right, the mounts they offer are the best collection of solutions I've seen so far. I ordered an "INFORCE WML White Gen2" to see if/how it would work and mount. It looks small, has the basic features for the price and a bit different than most lights. And it looks to have a low profile. I'm convinced a Streamlight would work fine and may well end up with one. I want a light, but want to avoid the "flashlight taped to the barrel look" if you know what I mean. Not sure I need a separate switch, but will have to see. Less gear the better. But switches are common for a reason.
Thanks for all to good info. It's nice to be able to tap into this forums wealth of knowledge. It's very helpful for me and much appreciated!

Late to the discussion, but I previously had a Streamlight RM1 on my 930SPX on a 1913 rail on the barrel/tube clamp along with remote switch on the handguard. I found it to be a bit too bulky and switched that out for the same Inforce WML which I like so far after a couple range sessions.

For the 940, a Surefire M340C Pro would be a good choice as well, that light comes with a native MLOK mount and clicky tailcap that can be replaced for a remote switch if desired

I put an Inforce WML on a 590a1 and was pretty satisfied. Ended up selling the 590a1 so I didn’t get a ton of experience with the setup. If we’re talking about the same model WML it only mounts to picatinny though so all you’d need is a small, one slot pic rail for the mlok slot. Simple and effective. Definitely worth trying out!

I should be getting the Inforce WML today so I'm looking forward to getting it mounted and how it operates. I'll be sure to post some pics to show you and others how it checks out.
As for the picatinny rail, the Inforce folks say it needs 5 rails minimum, ideally 7 for a secure mount. Given the 940 only has the single M-LOK slot, which appears to be designed to only support a 3 rail accessory, I need a 5 rail picatinny but with 3 rail hole spacing instead of the 5 rail hole spacing (see pic). That is, the 5 rail needs to span two M-LOK slots, not a single slot which is all I have (unless I add more adaptors). I did find an off brand 5 rail picatinny adaptor with 3 rail hole spacing which will work but it's nylon (prefer aluminum). Funny that Magpul doesn't offer this adaptor. My only conclusion is the maximum hole spacing in one M-LOK slot isn't designed to support anything larger/longer than a 3 rail accessory. Not sure how many picatinny 3 rail accessories there actually are. Seems the 3 rail hole spacing would be plenty adequate to support an accessory requiring 5 rails.
Thanks again for all your help!

Attachments

• 5 Rail Magpul.jpg
    5 Rail Magpul.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2
I've mounted the INFORCE light and I think it's a keeper. INFORCE recommends at least 5 picatinny rails so that's the adaptor I used. The clamp surfaces on the light span 5 rails on the stationary side and 3 rails on the spring loaded side. Although perfectly secure with the 3 rail picatinny, 5 is even better I guess. The footprint of the light covers the 5 rail length nicely and doesn't add too much bulk. Time will tell, but today this light seems like a good fit.

Attachments

• INFORCE.jpg
    INFORCE.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 12
Just came in here to post - with MLok - most people don't reallize just how many parts for that system that Magpul produces - and their customer support is phenomenal - I have the Cantilever Scout mount on one of my many AR's (this one happens to be my 'go to war' AR) with a Streamlight ProTac 1 and it fits with just mounting screws, super low to the body, and with my natural rifle mount and vertical grip my thumb literally rests right on the tail push-button for easy on/off operation without adjusting my firing grip whatsoever

The inforce WML is a great choice - I also have good luck with their lights on one or two of my pistols (the APL) and their support was great - I had a finicky APLc and they promptly replaced it for me no questions asked -

Enjoy your 940 Pro! Hell of a lot of 12ga for the money, I hope you got the optic version as its a no brainer for about $100-150 more

Yes, it did come with the Holosun reflex mounted and ready to go. In hindsight, I think I ended up getting a good deal on the combo. At the time the shotgun alone was in short supply and the few offers out there were inflated. Then I happened on a dealer who had the 940 w/Holosun and it was just a few bucks more than all the 940's advertised but without the Holosun. But none were in stock.
Feel good about the 940 and the sight. Haven't put either through the paces yet but both look promising. The Mossberg folks seem to understand what customers want and provide quality products.

I tried a few mounts but I didn't like that they mounted too far away from the barrel. I wanted something tucked in nice and neat. This is what I came up with. The Fyland 45-degree mount I acquired on Amazon fits my application perfectly. I matched it with a Fenix PD36R Pro with an AER-04 Tactical remote switch. The mount is made out of aluminum and is very sturdy. It mounted directly to the M-Lok mount on the barrel/tube assembly. The price was good too - $14 bucks. I like the way it looks. The flashlight is tucked in and sits about 5/16" away from the mag tube. I used a small tie wrap furnished with the remote switch to fix the cable to the magazine tube - a hot barrel could melt the cable.

Here's the webpage for the mount:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 4
Back