• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Flex Your Mossberg

Very Interesting! I def wanna know more, how it feels n stuff...

Is it at all shakey, does everything fit tightly and hold, can something come loose, like the forend if its stressed? What was the R&D process like and how was it tested?

I'll be reading more about this...sounds like a good concept !!

I will post some video tomorrow of the system but it is pretty rock solid from the demos. It is actually quite a snug fit on the stock. Overall I am very impressed with the system but not sure it will really catch on. What I don't like is that you are limited to only using Mossberg made stocks with this system. I look forward to seeing the line evolve though.

I like the concept and am curious tio see where it goes and if there will be any other after market parts made for it to furthur increase it's versatility.

p454860194-4.jpg

p21127032-4.jpg

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/gun ... n-platform

First Look: The New Mossberg FLEX Modular Shotgun Platform

The Mossberg FLEX modular platform is the shotgun world's answer to the easy interchangeablity of the AR rifle platform. Without tools, you can literally convert a black pistol grip home defense shotgun with a railed tactical forend into a camo hunting gun in less than a minute. Check out this video to see how the whole thing works.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaJedDpmVQg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uDejHq8NJ0[/youtube]

http://www.americanhunter.org/blogs/mos ... shot-show/

Change the way you use your shotgun forever with Mossberg's FLEX Series, a modular system designed around the TLS Tool-less Locking System. This system is a series of three connectors that allow shooters to switch stocks, forends and recoil pads for a variety of shooting needs.

http://www.realtree.com/hunting/article ... lex-system

The Mossberg 500 is one of the most affordable, reliable and toughest pump shotguns ever made. It’s trusted by hunters—waterfowl, turkey and deer—as well as law enforcement and in countless homes for defense. Various versions have been created over the years, but now, Mossberg has created the FLEX System for the model 500. The gun utilizes the TLS (Tool-less Locking System) so that you can disassemble your gun and swap components in seconds. A camouflage stock and forend for duck or turkey hunting can be swapped out for a pistol grip, picatinny rail forend and short barrel for home defense without having to buy a new gun. Currently, it’s only available in 12-gauge, but 20-gauge versions might be soon to follow.

http://gunwriter.wordpress.com/2012/01/ ... -mossberg/

Mossberg continues to be on the cutting edge of firearms design. After their introduction of the MVP last year I wondered if they were out of ideas. Not! The new FLEX shotgun system allows end users to on convert a Mossberg shotgun to any configuration you can think of in about 60 seconds. This is made possible with a quick. Change forearm and a TLS (tool less locking system) for butt stock interchangeability. It’s a very neat and innovative concept that essentially makes Mossberg shotguns the ARs of scatterguns.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2012 ... ex-system/

Mossberg Representative Taaffe Caligiuri was available at the 2012 SHOT Show to show us their new 12 gauge shotgun FLEX system. This is an adaptive shotgun platform that lets the user transform the FLEX 500/590 shotgun using Mossberg’s new Tool-less Locking System (TLS).

Mossberg_Shotgun_Flex_02.jpg

The TLS has a specific selection of quick change stocks, forends, and recoil pads that make for a wide flexibility to adapt the configuration of the shotgun to a particular use, from hunting game to tactical applications. The additional ability to change the shotgun’s barrel completes the gun’s metamorphosis.

The TLS uses a rotating clamp and splined hub to secure a stock or pistol grip. The shotgun’s forend is released with a single plunge button. Barrel replacement is compatible to the existing 500/590 selection of shotgun barrels with the standard screw lock. Finally, the recoil pads can be changed with a simple twisting motion.

Caligiuri deftly transforms a turkey gun into a tactical shotgun, with pistol grip stock and stand-off-tipped short barrel, in 59 seconds by my watch. That was with him giving us a play by play while he did it. Pretty impressive.

Mossberg_Shotgun_Flex_04.jpg

From Mossberg:

Mossberg® Introduces the FLEX™ System Shotguns
A Tool-Less Modular Shotgun and Accessory System that Changes the Future

North Haven, CT – Flexible, versatile and virtually limitless for fit, style and application. Wouldn’t everyone want a gun that is flexible enough to fit that description? Now with the innovative, patented and patent-pending Mossberg FLEX Series modular shotgun and accessory system, your Mossberg 500® or 590® pump-action shotgun can be that gun; easily converted in seconds without the need for tools. From a rugged tactical platform to a foul-weather hunting tool to a compact home defense gun, you can FLEX YOUR MOSSBERG!

At the core of this unique, adaptive system is the patented and patent-pending TLS™ (Tool-less Locking System), a series of three connectors that allow stocks, forends and recoil pads to be switched for a variety of shooting applications or easily “custom fit” your Mossberg, regardless of the shooter’s stature. Eleven 500/590 FLEX 12-gauge shotgun base models and 16 FLEX accessory components will be offered initially. Adding to the versatility is Mossberg’s extensive line of 500/590 accessory barrels which are compatible with FLEX shotgun systems.

Mossberg_Shotgun_Flex_03.jpg

Start by choosing a FLEX shotgun base model from three 500 All-Purpose, four 500/590 Tactical and four 500 Hunting options; each with 12-gauge, 3-inch chambers. Select 500 FLEX All-Purpose and 500 FLEX Hunting shotguns feature Mossberg’s patent-pending LPA™ (Lightning Pump Action™) Adjustable Trigger System. This revolutionary trigger system, a first for pump-action shotguns, is user-adjustable from 3 to 8 pounds with an Allen wrench and provides a rifle-like, creep-free trigger pull.

FLEX All-Purpose models come with 26 or 28-inch vent rib, ACCU-CHOKE™ ported barrels with matte metal finishes or optional all-weather Marinecote™ finish; full-length synthetic stock fit with our medium recoil pad (14 ½-inch LOP); and standard synthetic forend. Both constructed of durable synthetic with black matte finish. FLEX 500/590 Tactical models are available with matte, OD Green and Coyote Tan finishes on barrels and receivers; tactical tri-rail forends which can accommodate a touchpad; stock options that include standard synthetic (14 ½-inch LOP), six-position adjustable tactical or pistol grip; and cylinder bore 18 ½-inch stand-off barrel or 20-inch barrel with 6-round total capacity or 9-round total capacity with the 590 Tactical. FLEX Hunting models are available with 24 or 28-inch vent rib barrels and choice of OD Green, Coyote Tan, Mossy Oak® Break-Up® Infinity™ or Realtree MAX-4® camo receiver finishes. Standard full-length stocks and forends feature Infinity or MAX-4 finishes as well. Now that you have selected your base model, it’s easy to FLEX YOUR MOSSBERG!

Mossberg_Shotgun_Flex_01.jpg

Without tools, your FLEX shotgun can easily be purpose-built with a wide range of Mossberg accessories that feature the TLS connector system. These include three recoil pads (3/4-inch, 1 ¼-inches and 1 ½-inches thick); four synthetic forends (three standard and one tactical tri-rail); and nine stock options. Choose from our standard full-length stocks with 12 ½, 13 ½ and 14 ¼-inch LOPs; pistol grip; six-position adjustable tactical stock; and four-position adjustable, dual-comb hunting stock. Forends and stocks feature black matte, Break-Up Infinity and MAX-4 finishes. Your options are endless with this modular system.

Don’t forget that at the core of this system is the legendary 500/590 pump-action platform with its field proven design featuring non-binding twin action bars; positive steel-to-steel lock-up and anti-jam elevator for smooth, reliable operation; anodized aluminum receiver; and universally-recognized ambidextrous top-mounted safety. The base platform of this ultimate, adaptive shotgun is rugged, reliable and comes with a ten-year limited warranty.

Mossberg Flex 500/590

I thought this was a novel idea from Mossberg. The video is by Davidsons at the 2012 shot show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcPqVPuDKE0&feature=related[/youtube]

I wished the video was a bit longer and in more detail.

The FLEX was featured on the cover and in a several page article in "Guns & Ammo", so I got the magazine!

Its a good read and the author was very satisfied with the lock up of parts and metal on metal connections! He beat on the sample firearms pretty well even striking the guns on an angle against the pavement trying to break pieces off.

All in all a good read!

Flex system?

Isn't this basically what we've had and been able to do, all along?

flexgraphic.jpg

Ok, so a few doo-dads and doo-hickeys are quick changing...and they've changed the grip and butt pads a little...and made it tool-less...hmmmm, still wondering how secure that's going to be.

Oh well, can't wait to see this up close, to see if I need to add a new model to the collection ;)

Back