• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Forend removal tool?

I am thoroughly enjoying my new 505, but I have been searching low and high for a forend tool to remove the wood grip. I refinish wood stocks and plan on sanding both the factory stock and forend down to the bare wood and staining with Jacobean Minwax. Going to leave a little grain showing, but the idea is to more closely match the new pistol grip for a tactical look while retaining the option of the factory stock should I choose to use it for hunting purposes.

So the search has been futile, mainly because I am not sure where else to look. Brownells has every model except for the .410. Is there another tool site I should be looking at?

If not, is there another tool that will do the job that is readily available?

Thanks for the help!

You can use the back end of a heavy knife or like in the pic an old piece of a muffler bracket.

Attachments

• removing forend nut.jpg
    removing forend nut.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 139
I use an AR15/1911 multi tool.

(The AR15 buttstock tool is the half you need to loosen the nut that holds your forend in place) ;)

They have flat rate $9.99 shipping, so you may want to look around and maybe find another thing or two to add to your cart while you're there to justify the shipping.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/19buswrennew.html

Thanks for the solutions. I wound up falling into a custom made wrench made by my gunsmith's neighbor. Going to try it out this weekend and see how it works.

I am surprised the 12ga tool fits, the one I ordered didn't fit at all. I can see how the AR tool would work so I am keeping that as an option just in case.

Thanks again. Once I try the new tool out, I will post the results.

The longer bit with my Leatherman works great.
I have a 590a1

asu3eves.jpg

ede7uva3.jpg

Needle nose pliers work in a pinch as well.

Back