• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Forend slide action bar length issue

TNRonin

.22LR
I have a Maverick 88 that I am wanting to put a light on the fore end. So I got on to eBay, and found one that was labeled 500/835. My purchase. Seems I messed up some how. Due to a stroke I took a little bit to sorry this out. I never knew, (not saying much) that the was a difference. Is this a slide for a Magnum or goose gun?

So now I'm house if the seller won't take it back. How do I ensure this doesn't happen to me again (terminology)? I'll certainly be taking a measurement to ensure I avoid this in the future. TIA

Needless to say I'm a little gunshy about ordering again until I sort this out.

Attachments

• 20221118_160552.jpg
    20221118_160552.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This may not help you, but…and I’m sure one of the experts will help you soon. Also, your picture is kinda confusing, because every site I’ve looked at for previous research indicates that the two action bars are the same length between the models we are discussing and only the slide tube itself is a different length. 9DA8574E-1CEB-4737-8EE4-F12A6C561443.png

This may not help you, but…and I’m sure one of the experts will help you soon. Also, your picture is kinda confusing, because every site I’ve looked at for previous research indicates that the two action bars are the same length between the models we are discussing and only the slide tube itself is a different length. View attachment 28306
Thanks for the reply. I suspect I was sent the 3.5" slide assembly bars. The length of the tube has no bearing for me as the forend light I'll be using has the adapter tube to allow for either the length.

Lol, I’m even more confused now. Oh well, nothing new there. Good luck with your project

Last edited:
I have a Maverick 88 that I am wanting to put a light on the fore end. So I got on to eBay, and found one that was labeled 500/835. My purchase. Seems I messed up some how. Due to a stroke I took a little bit to sorry this out. I never knew, (not saying much) that the was a difference. Is this a slide for a Magnum or goose gun?

So now I'm house if the seller won't take it back. How do I ensure this doesn't happen to me again (terminology)? I'll certainly be taking a measurement to ensure I avoid this in the future. TIA

Needless to say I'm a little gunshy about ordering again until I sort this out.
Not sure of exactly what the problem is and what you are trying to do. If you could take more pics to show where the light would mount.
As far as the arm length goes, how it effects the light mounting?

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.
Mossy, I had a big old dissertation on the forend vagaries based on my newbie understandings, but then recalled that some action bars are attached to the forend without a slide tube, which would have been impossible for me to explain correctly. Lol . Oh well. The OP has another issue in another sub forum about incomplete action operation, like a longer forend hitting the barrel nut before it’s stroke is complete. That’s just my thought no evidence.

Not sure of exactly what the problem is and what you are trying to do. If you could take more pics to show where the light would mount.
As far as the arm length goes, how it effects the light mounting?
Ok this is kinda frustrating. Have you guys not looked at the picture in the original thread? The bars of the bottom slide tube are TOO LONG. This is not an optical illusion. The long bars don't allow the engagement of the shell stop and thus feeding of the shell.
I've added the pic again with lines.

The tube is a non-issue and are infact the same length. And since this will be installed on a security 20"it's irrelevant.

Attachments

• 20221118_160552.jpg
    20221118_160552.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 3
Sorry TN. I did look at the picture in the first post and saw the different lengths. I just attributed it to the two different forend types shown in the pic. One has a solid end and one is open. Every pic of every Mossberg pump with the twin action bars that I’ve seen regardless of the length of the forend or barrel has had the same length of bars. Some are more exposed or shrouded by the forend, but the gun only needs a specific length of bar to operate with no other regard. My Shockwave has the shorter bar set and looks like this..B6A7027D-C0DE-4151-A8B1-1DC4AA59FFDF.jpeg

Sorry TN. I did look at the picture in the first post and saw the different lengths. I just attributed it to the two different forend types shown in the pic. One has a solid end and one is open. Every pic of every Mossberg pump with the twin action bars that I’ve seen regardless of the length of the forend or barrel has had the same length of bars. Some are more exposed or shrouded by the forend, but the gun only needs a specific length of bar to operate with no other regard. My Shockwave has the shorter bar set and looks like this..View attachment 28310
Gotcha. Sorry about the frustration. No caffeine at the typing of the post. Heck if I could cannibalize the old bars and use them I would. I see the bars are blind pinned. I could extract the pins and replace them. Looking at it I think I can. Kinda hard with the stroke tho. Ugh

Back