• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ghost Ring Sights

Does it seem ok that I have my rear sight all the way to the top when sighted in at 100m? I kind of think so, but I wanted some others to chime in. I was at the range today and shot 50 one ounce slugs. I adjusted the rear sight upwards as I shot and got closer. When it was all the way up (the line on the ring lined up with the top line on the "v"), I was pretty much on target.

(btw, I bought a shoulder recoil pad and did it ever help shooting the slugs. I shot 50 rounds and could have done lots more. The most I had shot before stopping was 30. Now it's much easier on the shoulder shooting the slugs. It's just a strap on pad from Cabelas.)

Are there any optics out there that can used with XS Ghost Ring? It would have to be low profile but I haven't seen anything out there.

Thanks.

Are there any optics out there that can used with XS Ghost Ring? It would have to be low profile but I haven't seen anything out there.
Thanks.

I hope this does not mislead you, NYCDET but I have a hazy, Complicated recollection of the XS website where I saw a Ghost Ring incorporated in to a rail. It should be possible to fit see-through scope mounts to the rail so you can use both peep or scope.

Having said all that, I have never done this and have reservations about the entire set-up. The cheek weld for scope and peep would be different. I also wonder if the see-through rings would not obscure the field of view for the peep, to a degree. In the very least, you have some hard thinking to do:)

Thanks Sullivan. You are right, the XS GR's have an attached rail. I tried an MOA style scope but it was sitting too high and when looking through the Ghost Rings the bottom of the scope would block the view. I would need something low profile.

I recently purchased a 500 Tactical Left- handed and would like install the Mossberg Ghost Ring Sights but cannot find them for sale anywhere, not even Mossberg. Can anyone help all help greatly appreciated.

You'll likely need to purchase the barrel and the rail and rear sight. The front sight is silver soldered. You can buy the sights and have a gun smith do it but that may be more expensive.

There are other options like banded front sights from maybe XS Sights.

Back