• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ghost Sight Removal

bte52

Copper BB
I searched the interwebs and this site but can't find an answer. Prior to contacting Mossberg directly I thought I may find some help here. I recently purchased a Mossberg 535. It came from the factory with ghost ring sights. I am adding a bolt on mount (picatinny rail) and a reflex point optical sight but must first remove the rear sight from the weapon. I removed the two hex screws from the rear sight but can not get the sight to come off. I certainly don't want to try and pry it off or do any damage. It does "wiggle" a little side to side but no further movement can be achieved. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ed

I searched the interwebs and this site but can't find an answer. Prior to contacting Mossberg directly I thought I may find some help here. I recently purchased a Mossberg 535. It came from the factory with ghost ring sights. I am adding a bolt on mount (picatinny rail) and a reflex point optical sight but must first remove the rear sight from the weapon. I removed the two hex screws from the rear sight but can not get the sight to come off. I certainly don't want to try and pry it off or do any damage. It does "wiggle" a little side to side but no further movement can be achieved. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ed

Thank you so very much.

Back