• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

glass bedding

I'll be doing the first 2 inches I the barrel after the holidays. What caliber 4x4 are you shooting? What kind of groups are you getting, and what ammo are you using?

i just picked up a 300 win mag a cuple months ago. replaced the cheap mounts and scope, and have only fired 10 shots through it with less than standard accuracy (3 inches at 100 yds, with some fliers)was doing , doing a look over and cleaning and see mossberg glass bedded the recoil lug (poorly). also i see the forearm touches the barrel towards the end (theres my fliers), so i will have to do some sanding and fitting their, so just figured while i was at all that i would bed the whole action. just wanted to see if anyone had tackled this yet?

I'm getting 1 inch groups at 100 yards with my .338 win mag, although i'm using hand reloads. I've tried some factory ammo with poor results, and several loads have given me around an inch at 100 but none better. Right now this is my backup gun for deer season, but after the season I'll be replacing the scope mounts and glass bedding it. If you have pics of your current groups it would be nice to see some before and after photos to see how much difference glass bedding makes. I would be very interested to know how this works out for you.

Edit:
I agree that the stock touching the barrel is causing your fliers.

i will keep posted if i decide to do it, not sure if this gun will be staying with me or will be getting traded for somehitng else? i have my shooters in .270, and this was jsut picked up on a trade deal to possibly be an elk gun. but maybe i should jsut stick with my tried and true .270's and beef up my bullet for elk.

I have just purchased the brownells accraglass kit and will be having my coworker bedding my action and about 2" of my barrel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back