• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

Glock 26
p592071494-4.jpg

p612464905-4.jpg

Here's my trio...

The one that started it all, my G19

OD G23

G21

Once Uncle Sam gives me my money back I'll be adding a G26 to the roster. They may be ugly, but they've got a great personality! :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Here's my trio...

The one that started it all, my G19

OD G23

G21

Once Uncle Sam gives me my money back I'll be adding a G26 to the roster. They may be ugly, but they've got a great personality! :D

Sweet trio ya got there. :cool:
Who you callin' ugly? I happen to think the 26 is the best looking Glock of the bunch. But I may be a little biased. :)

The "ugly" comment is just a preemptive strike for any Glock haters out there. Every time I post (on other forums) about my Glocks there usually ensues a windfall of haters talkin about how ugly they are. Playin their card first saves time and bandwidth, haha.

The G19 was my first firearm, so I'll always have a soft spot for Glocks. I happen to think their simplicity in design and flawless operation makes for a particularly beautiful weapon.

The Gen III's are still my favorite. Not a fan of the Gen 4's RTF (Rough Textured Frame) or the "fishgill" slide serrations on the RTF II.

Now the Gen 1's, they were BUTT UGLY!!! :lol:

I hear ya...there are plenty of Glock haters. The 26 is my one and only handgun. I fell in love the first time I picked it up. I bought it without even firing one. I was looking for something I could easily conceal as well as having a fun range shooter. I have not been disappointed. I probably won't own more than one handgun. I just aquired the Mossberg 500c and now I'm thinking I'll get another rifle to round out the collection. Probably a Savage or a Marlin for hunting.

I carry my G19 on occasion, but won't work with shorts during the warmer months. That's why I'm looking to the G26 for my next one.

I remember a time when I was rationalizing the need for only one handgun, shotgun, rifle, etc. Those days are LONG gone for me now. I don't bother with the reasoning anymore. Give it a while and I'll bet the NEED will arise for another.......something else.

They say that the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting that there IS a problem. Well I readily admit it, my problem is that I don't have enough money to buy all the guns I want.

Just remember, GUN SHOWS ARE THE DEVIL!!!

Yeah...that's my problem too. Not enough funds to supportmy hobbies. Gun shows do make it tough to be frugal and the Charlotte area has a gun show every couple months it seems.

My former Glock 30. It was a fine gun, but a bit bulky for concealed carry, and I didn't shoot all that well with it:

G30sideview-1.jpg

Yeah, the G30 is a bit chunky for a CC pistol. The slides on the .45 caliber Glock models are significantly wider than the 9mm/.40S&W.

The new G36 models seem to be catching on. It is the SF (Slim Frame) .45 subcompact with a single stacked 6rd magazine. There was a LOT of push-back from the Glock crowd at first due to the limited capacity, but it seems people are getting used to the idea. What you give up in capacity you certainy gain in "stopping power". Although that debate is academic at this point. With all the advances in development of 9mm SD ammo one can argue the legitimate "need" to carry a .45 for "stopping power". Still, there is the "nothing beats a .45" crowd that won't be convinced otherwise. The G30 and G36 definitely fit the niche for those guys as an ultra concealable big bore.

I have to say that once I pick up a G26 the G36 will be the next Glock to be checked off my list.

I had the G36 and wasn't a big fan of it. It was the type of gun you needed to have great grip otherwise it would stovepipe. When friends or people would shoot it at the range they got pretty frustrated with it if they were limp-wristing it.

Yeah like a lot of new pistol designs the G36 had it's share of issues, the most notable was the FTEs or stovepipes. The newer models have had some tweaks and most of the bugs have been worked out. It seems that the recoil spring/guide rods and the early single stacked mags were to blame for the bulk of the issues. I'm sure that limp wristing played a part to some degree but as one who loves my subcompacts, if the engineering is sound the pistol will perform in spite of the shooter.

I was never a big fan of Glocks. I find their big guns too small and their small guns too big (G26 is hard to pocket). I have always considered them the "VW beatle" of handguns - inexpensive, reliable, well engineered for their price point, but thoroughly pedestrian. There is nothing exciting or even interesting to me about them - no WOW factor, like a good 1911.
That said, I took it as a challenge when the G34 was described by Glock as a "Competition" pistol. Its not.
It is, however, a great platform on which to build a really good competition pistol. So I got to work and here is the result:
CIMG0482.jpg

Let me know if you are interested in the specs of the G34MR.

maierar said:
- inexpensive, reliable, well engineered for their price point, but thoroughly pedestrian.

I'll take it! :lol:

Well said Sir, you make a very good point. I think the traits in the statement above are what make Glocks so overwhelmingly popular. Sound engineering, relatively low price, and simplicity make them an easy choice. For beginner or novice shooters, there aren't all the bells and whistles that can get in the way of learning how to shoot. For LEO/MIL applications their inherent reliability has kept them in duty holsters worldwide for years. Load it, point it, shoot it.

There is a lot of comparing Glocks to other types of pistols and depending on your stance there will ALWAYS be perceived advantages/disadvantages between platforms. There are those who swear that Glocks will explode in your hand just like the fellas who'll tell you that the Beretta 92 slide will blow off and impale the shooters forehead, or the ones that'll tell you the 1911 is an obsolete platform deemed military scrap. There are also those Glock fanboys that swear up and down that Glocks will cure cancer.

Me, I'm just a guy who loves shootn em and feels secure whenever I strap one to my hip. My Glocks probably won't win any awards for the best lookin pistol, but I know I can count on em when I need em. That's a BEAUTIFUL thing.

Oh yeah, post up some spect on your G34. That thing looks like a BEAST!

Here you go:
GLOCK 34, Gen. 3: 9X19
Extended Magazine release
Extended slide stop lever
Talon friction grips
Buffer Technologies magazine well
Mako charging handle (ambidextrous)
Mako tactical scope mount (modified)
Primary Arms MD-1 (Gen 1) red dot scope (cowitnesses with adjustable
Glock sights)
Fulcrum complete trigger kit (2# trigger, adjustable pre- and overtravel)
KKM stainless steel 5.85 in. threaded barrel
Jager compensator (modified)
Hardened steel non-captured .244 Jager guide rod with Wolff spring
set (10-15#, 12#- most used with 147 gr.ammunition).

Back