• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning to all of yous. We should be in the 90s again today. That just seems to pleasant compared to the 105-109s we were having just two weeks ago. I think we are finished with that for this year.

Ya'll have a great day.

Sunrise over the junkyard district of the boatyard.
ED99C84F-D842-441F-9C68-894AD5312C5C.jpeg
The project bike is down for a bit while I jig up for lowering. This is an off-road frame and it could be considerably lower for street duty.
0E43FECC-B750-4A64-A89B-D00317190546.jpeg
True to the prognostications of our resident decode demon, Scoop, I now own two working bicycles, and eight more in various stages of assembly or disassembly. Plus the cart.

Four of those were small junkers I picked up for free. One was a junker I paid for, one was brand new, one was nearly new, one used, one was a basket case, and one was brand new, marked down to $75 because of a bad shifter.

That’s 10 (and if I know @Scoop he would’ve predicted a dozen.)

So there was the cart, and I do have an aluminum bicycle in mind on the Used market right now.

I think it’s going to be under 100 today. Maybe I’ll get some work done.

I hope this is all working out for you guys too. I keep seeing reports of flooding back east & all we’re getting out here is the sprinklers (they haven’t cut that off yet.) Zero rain lately.

If it gets to where we can’t have an actual lawn, I won’t pay for lawnmowing…

Silver lining.

I would be content if I could afford to pour concrete over every square inch of my place.

Seriously.

If I never had to mow, I would be perfectly OK with that.

I would be content if I could afford to pour concrete over every square inch of my place.

Seriously.

If I never had to mow, I would be perfectly OK with that.
A lot of people do that around here because of the drought, and they don’t want to tend to a lawn.

Our water has never been prohibitively high. Electricity is our big investment. The way my wife runs the air conditioner in the summer, people think she owns the power company.

Except for one couple of lazy bums that rent from their family, Everybody on our street keeps a pretty nice front lawn.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Today I have to continue cleaning up my junk yard and hopefully I will get to do some welding.

Heat got up over 110 yesterday and I expect it to be equally hot today.

You better be careful and not get too hot.

The WSM still rocks!

6FD1B2AA-B517-4C3B-A4F4-CE2E38E85F3B.jpeg

BTW, Being hot out makes perfect weather for barbecue, so I’ve been taking advantage of it frequently.

Yesterday I put this nice little pork loin on the smoker.

Kingsford charcoal must come from the East Coast, because it’s doubled in price out here. I’ve been buying Royal Oak lump charcoal and Cowboy brand lump charcoal, which isn’t as consistent but the flavor is genuine.

Long as it tastes good, I don't care what name is on the bag. If those others are working and cheaper, by all means, use them.

I'm BBQing fish for supper.

It generally takes about 45 minutes to broil.

I wrap up filets in aluminum foil, add 1 stick of butter cut into pieces throughout. I add green peppers, peeled potatoes, Mrs Dash seasoning.

Ummm. It's delicious. That was one of my Dads favorite recipes for fresh fish too. I'll be doing catfish tonight.

I’m making stuffed bell peppers with the leftover pork roast and leftover rice and some sautéed onions and celery.

I cooked everything in a sauce pan while I parboiled the peppers. I stuff them and put them in foil in the oven, with a little water.

Speaking of the grill, this is the first time I have been able to see my welding table in at least two years…

B6B5A019-EBB8-4E43-ABBC-DFBCA0DCB46E.jpeg Can you see the stock rack assembled in the distance? Everything that was on the welding table is now on the stock rack or on my little parts rack around the corner where you can’t see it.

I have been kicking butt out there in the boat yard. It was 111 in the shade when I came in at 3 PM.

But, I get a nice breeze through the little breezeway I constructed, and to get to me it comes through my redwood trees and across my back lawn and through all of the greenery that Judy plants out back, before it finally funnels between the fence & the sheds right onto my welding yard.
6281F3A2-8E7B-49FA-88C0-9579A5EDF6D4.jpeg
It definitely cools the hot air before it hits me.

I didn’t spend much time continuously in the sun today but I believe I picked up a little extra tan. At least half of it washed off though.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners.

So here is the stock rack and future bicycle jig. I drug those three rusty weldments home from somebody’s junk pile, and they’ve been waiting for me to weld them all together again.
BD37AE80-07CF-437F-B492-29DD6F80702A.jpeg
Right now, however, it is all just clamped together.

I’ve got it all squared up and ready to weld this morning, and then I can have all my clamps back.

The long black rail is going to be my bicycle frame jig and it will not weld permanently to the rack but I will allow it to be removable because it sticks out quite a ways.

Also I may want to turn it 90° when I build the electric trike.
1157E96F-E400-4C39-928E-C5FAB0583A94.jpeg

I don’t know if I will be building any 90 inch long bicycles, but that’s how long the steel was when I picked it up.

I promised myself I would put the Jaguar back together before Christmas, so I likely won’t be finishing the trike this year. I have everything collected to build it including a tiny transaxle, wheels and tires, three electric motors, three batteries, a motor controller, And lots of steel for the framing.

I don’t have any seats for it yet and I’m planning for it to be a side-by-side two seater with bench & central controls, so it can be operated from the right or left hand seat or the middle.

It might end up looking like a surry-top depot hack. Basically this will be something to take me from my house to the grocery store or the pharmacy or the restaurants, which are all located within a mile from me.

I don’t anticipate a lot of long distance traveled in my future. I’ve done an awful lot of it & it seems like nowadays more and more I just like to stay home and putter around the shop.

You all have a nice day.

Last edited:
Back