• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Well good night nurse!

I was not surprised to see Donald Trump indicted in a New York commie show trial. They don’t care if they break the law and they don’t care if Trump is convicted. This is all about providing bad publicity for Republicans and Trump.

I was very surprised to see the release of the so-called QAnon shaman: Jacob Chansley. He got 14 months off his sentence. They knew his lawyer was going to be bringing suit for non-disclosure of evidence by the prosecution.

That’s a very serious offense. It’s just as bad as fabrication of evidence.

The thing is, in court none of those videos Tucker Carlson showed would automatically be considered exculpatory evidence in court.

But in the court of public opinion, which is to say on the television, such video is absolutely exculpatory: If you can show it to enough people.

Also coupled with the fact that they kept this man in solitary confinement for some reason… Well it just looks horrible.

I fully expect them to go after the prosecutors who withheld evidence. I don’t expect them to be very successful.

Edit: Oh yeah, I blame Nancy Pelosi for everything.

That's good lookin' burger…

Yeah that’s $15 worth a good-looking cheeseburger there. I got the bacon guacamole burger which was 20 bucks including the garlic fries.

We went to a place called Colton’s Social House. I think we’ve been there five times since 2005. Their food has improved and it wasn’t bad, but now it is a little more special than a regular burger joint.

It was a very strange dinner. We weren’t looking at our cell phones. We weren’t watching the races or the soccer game or the four other huge TVs playing something or other. We actually talked to each other and enjoyed our food.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It appears that the rain is over here for at least a week but we are having quite a bit of wind right now and so I still can’t do any serious welding outside.

I have some new welding curtains to put up which will cut down the freeze but when it’s like this it’s still just too much no matter what I do.

I hope I don’t end up having to do all this welding in the garage because it means kicking my wife’s car out for a substantial time.

Sometimes I look at these projects and think that it’s all just too much work and I just don’t want to do it.

But then I think about the work I’ve done in the past and how all that horrible effort is just a distant memory these days. That’s how it will be for this car and the next.

It did calm down for a little bit yesterday morning, and so I went out and did a bit of torch welding to repair a yard ornament for my wife.

Here I’m putting the feathers back on a tin peacock. This is feather is only about half a millimeter plus some paint.
B8292A66-1B95-4B71-B67A-F1FABCF9BCAA.jpeg
I used the Victor 000 tip. E70 1/16” filler
657673ED-2F6F-4221-985A-DF92A5066283.jpeg
Here it is, torch whipped to death.
B1DEF520-8416-4D56-AE3A-EB58DD7D51F2.jpeg
After some burnishing, dremel shaping & a shot of clear paint to stop the rusting, I cleaned up the glass ornament with some Barkeepers Friend to make it shiny.
3EC86A2B-8D4B-4081-8C28-4D8E3C265F0A.jpeg
The tin peacock is still missing some feathers, So it didn’t get painted yet.
A7189E44-5EF2-434E-A9FE-119D87868D2A.jpeg
They are probably out in the garden dirt waiting for me to find them.

They are probably out in the garden dirt waiting for me to find them.
Why did you not DC TIG it? :) You will need small collets and tungstens--I think my smallest are 1/16" but they go even smaller. Direct most of the heat into the wire of the sculpture and you can use .035" MIG wire as a filler. I'm thinking like 50-60A or so. That is steel, correct?

Why did you not DC TIG it? :) You will need small collets and tungstens--I think my smallest are 1/16" but they go even smaller. Direct most of the heat into the wire of the sculpture and you can use .035" MIG wire as a filler. I'm thinking like 50-60A or so. That is steel, correct?

Yes, steel, but I just didn’t wanna waste my argon on this POS. I don’t keep a mig so I don’t have any mig wire.

I have the collets and tungsten to 1 mm.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Tuesday was very windy, and threatened to take off my big tarp. I heard a grommet pop, and then immediately 3 more. I was holding the long edge of a 16x24 tarp so it wouldn’t rip completely loose.

Fortunately the strong wind did not last very long. I got it all tied back down and managed to avoid having to replace an expensive tarp.

I ended up punching that entire 24 foot edge of the tarp every 3 inches, with a conductor’s punch, and lacing it down to the framework with 100 feet of paracord.

I have some big curtains around the front of my welding shed to cut the wind down, and unfortunately they are shredded and I will have to put up new ones today. They were at the end of their life anyway, and I’m glad I didn’t replace them earlier or the new ones would be damaged.

I’ll bet the same big winds hit Oklahoma and Arkansas about yesterday afternoon. I haven’t seen any storm damage reports yet.

My wife is pushing me to take her shopping, so I got to go get ready for that. You guys have a nice day

Good morning. We have had 4 days of 80+, now a few days in the 60s. Our rain has been just about right in Tulsa, although western Oklahoma is suffering from drought. We missed storms last night, they passed to the north and now are east of us.

I have been buying some spare parts for a few of my guns, springs, pins, screws, and other small parts that I might lose or might break and or wear out the quickest. One thing I have noticed is a lot of parts are out of stock. some parts have been just one vendor, some I can't find at all. MIght be a sign of the future. Too early to tell I guess. Then some cheaper guns I might as well buy a spare and have two that work , and almost a complete spare part gun if something breaks,lol.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Well not a lot has been going on here. I started working on the fake jaguar again but I haven’t got too far.
107F2E0C-D605-446F-A416-5B1BC4CF5A11.jpeg
The boat yard has dried up nicely.

I had to go pick up my taxes today and it looks like I’m gonna get a nice refund this year because we paid the bastards too much money.

Anyhow, I was feeling nice and so I took my wife out for dinner. The lady at the table next to us was a fairly attractive 30-year-old woman except she had this piece of nose jewelry pierced through her septum. It was light green in color, so from more than 10 feet it just looked like she had a booger hanging out of each nostril.

I should’ve taken a photograph but I did not. I did have a little trouble not laughing.

Good morning all. We had sunshine and mid 60s over the weekend. Yesterday we were sunny and mid 70s. More of the same for the week.

I got some yard work taken care of the past couple of days. It is a work in progress, lol. Never goes away.

Y'all have yourselves a great day.

Hey you guys. For Easter I took Judy up to Pine flat and we had a little picnic at the lake and did some sightseeing. I took a lot of photographs. This is me pretending that I’m fishing in a place that I know I’m not going to catch any fish.
DFBDEED8-02A8-4DCC-8E27-3F77AFC678B3.jpeg
That was at a place called deer Creek. We drove on down the lake and it was quite lovely all day.
B958F201-700F-48BF-9ADB-5BBD1EA52ED9.jpeg
DFBB7C4B-4CB6-48FB-B3C9-42D59F1EAD0C.jpeg
C90A862C-AA6C-4BB7-A0D1-BBE64C549E3B.jpeg
CF1F41D2-55C9-4B27-933C-3BC2F4C35125.jpeg
We finally wound up at Lombardo’s marina.
CE32465D-DB37-4D36-A662-E1FA877134E8.jpeg

I have put in a lot of time trying to clean up the boat yard and rearrange things so that I can work. It was a big mess and it’s still not done.

Once it is done I can jack some new steel up under the SS replikar and start welding it in.

Today was kind of a nonstarter for me. I had to go to the dentist this morning have a tooth extracted and get a bone graft done. I went home and discovered I couldn’t eat anything so I made some chicken soup for Judy and I ate the broth and some mushy muffins.

The weather here was a little breezy today but it promises to be continually nicer and I expect to go do some fishing in the boat next week..

Good morning MOers. That looks like a nice lake Cadd. Perhaps the snow in the mountains will raise the water level a bit this spring. We are heading to the lake this weekend. It will be the first time since November.

This morning the sky is bright blue and the temperature is 56. We should be high 70s this afternoon with sunny skies . Looks like a very nice weekend weather wise for us.

Y'all have a great day.

Good morning MOers. That looks like a nice lake Cadd. Perhaps the snow in the mountains will raise the water level a bit this spring. We are heading to the lake this weekend. It will be the first time since November.

This morning the sky is bright blue and the temperature is 56. We should be high 70s this afternoon with sunny skies . Looks like a very nice weekend weather wise for us.

Y'all have a great day.
Pineflat Lake went all the way up, and they let it back down because they expect it to go all the way up again.

This is a picture of historic Tulare lake, so far. It is not his large right now but it’s coming back and we still have 300% of the usual snowpack right now.

After they chased off all the Indian tribes locally they drained the swampy marsh and started planting all kinds of crops. It turned out to be beautiful farmland & is producing quite well. The recent floods however have put it underwater & Tulare Lake is once agin.
D8E19825-B38F-45E6-A6CF-BD68B5352E63.jpeg

I have been past that many times going to places south on Highway 99. I have never seen it flooded. 40’+ deep in the middle.

So maybe this is an excuse for a car trip.

Today I went on a bicycle tour of the local ponding basins. There are lots of ponds in the burbs with cyclone fence so people won’t fall in and die. They are a haven for waterfowl.

DB4ACB55-2CA4-4101-B37F-F42233D62C62.jpeg

20E67BAA-2169-453C-8D3E-9462FD9F39E6.jpeg

I saw these two cars for sale on the way back from the dentist yesterday.
08D9731E-EC3E-420A-BDB2-30FC567A0799.jpeg
E6F2A1B6-C9A6-4AB7-A27A-F7BE441FF76B.jpeg
The weather here has been lovely as you can see. I’m going to take full advantage of it, so you guys have a nice day.

Last edited:
Good morning to all of yous. It was 58 this morning for our low. We are headed to the lake later for the weekend. The temps are usually 2 or 3 degrees cooler. It looks like great weather. This weekend is mostly just making sure everything is working and making a list of items we will bring up next time.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
I’ve been grumping around the house a bit but I did get to work on my car chassis some more.

Some heavy plates that will stiffen the nose.
93675B30-03A3-4548-A1BF-A23722CC22D0.jpeg

Here they are in place. You can see where this assembly is cut down to allow the tie rod to pass through. The bent tie rod, which is currently removed for straightening.
A1F6286F-7D00-4F05-926A-494655B0934D.jpeg
I dislike the Volkswagen long and short tie rod arrangement. Originally I was just going to put rack and pinion steering on the car but it will require even more clearance I do not have, And there are several other issues. Most of them do not have enough travel to accommodate the long Volkswagen steering arms.

What I have decided I would like to do is find the steering gear and Pitman arm from a Right Hand Drive Volkswagen.

I can get that and turn it into a workable idler arm, and create my own relay rod, then get another left-hand tie rod for the right side.

If the parts are available that would be a simple way for me to do this.

I was going to scrap out this World War II army desk, until I figured out that it didn’t have Formica on Masonite. The top finish is laminated to steel.
3FE93B6E-C70B-414E-BE45-D7FFA97B0665.jpeg
Well today I’ve gotta wash the truck and buy some birthday cards and get ready to go see my twin granddaughters who are turning 21. No rain is predicted so this might actually prove the weatherman. Usually I never wash the cars more than two days before it rains.

Last edited:
I took the bicycle to the the rod & gun store (for bait), and did 5.5 miles.

Without this exercise my left knee just goes wonky.

Thats me with my official Field & Stream dispatch bag.
(That’s where I put my bait.)FF116A1B-EF81-4151-A1E7-25C71BD00E36.jpeg
Helmet loose & liner bunched up all wrong.

Good evening , at 7am the temp was 70. By 3pm we were all the way up to 72. At 3:30pm we had dropped to 57 and the wind had picked up to 20 mph out of the northwest. Fortunately I had already washed the deck off and the patio furniture and put the hose and bucket away. The low tonight is supposed to be low 40s. Repeat tomorrow, lol.

Have a great evening.

This was a very strange editorial to see in the times, but somehow, by the time I got to the story itself, it had been pulled.
33B9EDF2-8914-47B1-A272-F85065778954.jpeg

As of this morning this ad still remains on the times news feed.

Back