• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Yesterday was a birthday party for the grandkids. We had a nice barbecue and there was a lot of fun. I got to see my daughters new swimming pool. I didn’t have to barbecue, and my son-in-law is turning out to be a pretty good cook.

Two of the granddaughters turned 21 this week, but the youngest one will not be eight until next month.
ACE29365-F5A3-430A-AA61-1AE9A3D9EE1E.jpeg

318EBABE-BE04-4FB3-9A20-258A7998C3F2.jpeg

63303031-378F-457B-838C-6451AF253F62.jpeg
Today I expect to do some bicycle riding and get my boat prepared to go fishing tomorrow. Maybe . . . if my fishing buddy shows up.

Last edited:
I have to go to the post office today & this is my thought for the day.

I remember when my parents told me, six decades ago, to never put cash in the mail, as you just cannot trust people with some things.

Well we could not trust the postman with cash, but now we trust him with our votes?

This is what I wanna ask every government representative who voted for mass vote-by-mail. Would you put your cash in the mail? Every year? On the same day?

No freaking way!

Good morning to all of yous. 65 this morning, headed for high 70s this afternoon. I have some errands to run today, some yard work, and finally the dog park. Not real exciting, lol.

Y'all have yourselves a great day.

I have been out working on the Volkswagen chassis, and once I got it set up on jacks and leveled out I could see how twisted this thing was. The frame has been hit on the driver side and in addition there is a huge amount of weld draw on the same side of the tunnel. But it got even worse when I drove the car because the frame is also sagging from severe rust
D3757A5E-35E6-477C-B9E2-2805EC54895C.jpeg
A lot of that will have to come off.

Good morning everyone. 51 and clouds this morning and the wind has eased up . The high today is forecast to be low 70s. The weekend is going to be 10-12 degrees cooler for highs and lows. We have missed all of the storms that have crossed Oklahoma this week. Not so much as a drop of water at the house.

Cadd, that is turning out to be quite the project. I admire your tenacity . I do hope you don't find any more surprises.

Y'all have a great day.

Good morning everyone. 43 was the low this morning, 64 or thereabouts later today. It looks like the week at least is going to be Groundhog Day all over again.

You all have the best of days.

….Cadd, that is turning out to be quite the project. I admire your tenacity . I do hope you don't find any more surprises.

Thank you. That’s why it’s not boring. Cars are endless surprises. So is all of engineering.

I had to move the boat and the Plymouth away from my fence, which is falling over because of all the rain. I proped it up and now I have to go get a new fence posts and concrete and start digging.

Or maybe I’ll just hire somebody.

I moved everything around in the welding area yesterday, to make more room for welding. Time to get this thing leveled up and square.
8BE30E2A-5071-4BC8-99A8-B1EC2D7BCADE.jpeg

Good morning to all of yous. 50 and cloudy with occassional showers. The weather people are saying we should have 2 to 3 inches in the next 3 days. Much needed and appreciated. This will be a good time to go to the indoor range.

You all have a great day.

I am helping my wife with some yard ornaments and then I am going to work on the car. Boring stuff mostly like scraping Rust & old paint. I have a little bit of trimming and a lot of metal cleaning to do before I can weld anything but I am getting closer day by day.

Every time it gets nice enough to go fishing my fishing buddy is tied up and in between when he’s available it’s been too windy. Anyhow I haven’t looked at my boat except to push it around and get it out-of-the-way.

Good morning to all of yous. 51 and cloudy. 2 inches of rain in the past 48 hours. Probably no sun till Saturday.

I have a cardiologist appointment this morning. It's my 6 month check where they take my blood pressure, listen to my heart, and I pay the bill, lol. Not necessarily in that order. Oh, and then make another appointment 6 months down the road.

You all have a great day.

Hey guys. I’ve been busy helping my wife repaint yard ornaments and I made some new struts and sleeves for my car last night and installed them. I moved a lot of heavy shit around yesterday and I am very sore.

I’m going to prepare the boat to go fishing on Monday and it hasn’t been out in quite a while so I have my work to do.

Good afternoon to all of yous. Another cloudy day, but no rain so far. Perhaps later they say. We are up to 63, and low 70s for the weekend.

Cadd, I thought I was the only one that repaints yard ornaments. They are like doing laundry in that it is never ending. Oh well, it keeps a happy home . Lol.

I hope you all have a nice weekend.

Good morning. Sunshine and blue skies, glory be. We had four days of clouds and about 2 inches of rain. Today we should have 70 for a high.

Y'all have a great day.

Good morning you guys.

Well I’ve got six tubular struts on the back of the car now but I have to rearrange the longest one a little bit.

C27C0760-F0DB-47C6-BA38-25083A2B0D31.jpeg
It needs to be on the bottom of the square tube along with the other braces. Otherwise there’s a big twisting force on that tube. I thought it would resolve easily but it does not. The whole arrangement is still a little bit springy when I sit on the bumper.
A7E52E81-E623-49EE-8C1F-A16CA85F3575.jpeg
I’m only gonna have to shorten the two longest braces and move them down. Then all the forces will resolve in the bottom plane of the square tube, and I won’t have any torsion on it to speak of.
3A9FA2C5-08A4-4402-9246-DE86A89EF3F1.jpeg
If that’s not clear don’t worry. I will post another picture of this view when it’s done.

In the meantime, it’s a beautiful California day here, sunny and clear, and promises to be very warm today. I saw some nasty pictures of the storm damage back in Oklahoma. They say we’re up for some more stormy weather but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Have a nice day guys.

I spent some time yesterday getting the boat ready to go fishing on Monday but the batteries are shot. After 6 years I am not surprised. I put in my backup batteries, and they charged up fine.

I rearranged my braces on the tail of the kit kar. Now they all come to the same point at the bottom of the square tube, and this will prevent rotation of the tube.
F5D746D8-1028-4846-9BF8-6C558486CCF1.jpeg

898CD0CA-923D-4A6A-926A-C851DB18EF00.jpeg

Looks to be a lovely day today, and I will continue building brackets.

I hope you folks all enjoy your Sunday.

Well today’s fishing trip turned out to be a bust. The weather was poor and the fishing was poor and I woke up with some arthritic pain so my attitude all day was pretty poor. But to look on the bright side I didn’t damage the truck or the boat and we didn’t get wet involuntarily.

107C2AC4-8C2D-45F9-97B5-54F946D38182.jpeg

The sun did come out for a little while, but then it got cloudy and windy and we just loaded up and came home.

FB9F2CF6-E219-4847-B761-7DEAE7039F2B.jpeg

The batteries in my boat had croaked over the winter, and I had to put in my spare set of batteries and charge them up. Fortunately they were in much better shape.

I wish my back was in better shape. Those suckers are heavy. After a day lounging around in the fishing boat I felt better.

Anyhow I’ve just been messing around with the boat, cleaning up my shop a bit, and puttering around with the car.

I’m still working on the rear frame brackets. My temporary brackets are going to change from this:
ECD3412C-5311-4959-9ED0-9344F745F058.jpeg
To this:
B3638251-52EC-4BC2-8F19-A3931E08A415.jpeg

Back