• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Getting out of jury duty was pretty easy for me.

All I had to tell them was, “I fix computers.”
They could not let me go fast enough.

My son has jury duty later this month. :rolleyes: Last time I had it, it was a potential capital case and my willing acceptance of death as a penalty was enough to get me voir dired out of there... :D

Good morning to all of yous. 50 and clear this morning with wind from the east about 10 mph. All in all a nice day in the making.

Have a great day.

... Last time I had it [jury duty] it was a potential capital case and my willing acceptance of death as a penalty was enough to get me voir dired out of there... :D

Back in the '70s I had a friend who was a criminal lawyer, and we talked a lot about trials, clients, strategies, sentencing and such.
I told her that I'd love to be on one of her juries to see how she worked.

She told me, "I'd NEVER have you on a jury. You think for yourself. I want to do the thinking for the jury."
She said If I ever really wanted to get on a jury that I'd have to act a lot dumber.

So it goes.

Back in the '70s I had a friend who was a criminal lawyer, and we talked a lot about trials, clients, strategies, sentencing and such.
I told her that I'd love to be on one of her juries to see how she worked.

She told me, "I'd NEVER have you on a jury. You think for yourself. I want to do the thinking for the jury."
She said If I ever really wanted to get on a jury that I'd have to act a lot dumber.

So it goes.

LOL . . . Yes that’s the reality. I actually tried to get on a jury once, because the case involved computers and realestate fraud. But I just couldn’t lie right to the court.

Maybe all that bible school had some effect. You never would’ve known it had you spoken to my mom on the subject though.

Anyhow I have duty coming up and I already postponed it from September till December 6. I will post pone it again, as long as possible. This time when I go to the court I will tell the judge the reality of my situation, which is that my being there was a waste of both our times, and this issue has been going on for 50 years.

I’ve never been selected and I never will be. Unless they are totally desperate or backed into a corner, where they are forced to take me or someone even worse.

Good morning guys. Yesterday I made it to the custom bicycle shop and picked up some white wall tires and a couple bits of hardware.

So now the latest kiddy bike gets white walls.
645FADCB-7A77-4469-AA50-E72D9B3529DD.jpeg
The weather here is pretty nice, overcast and chill but no rain. Yet. I’m gonna go ride my bike and make it rain right now.

Later, I’m gonna take it easy & go see my sister. You all have a fine day!

LOL . . . Yes that’s the reality. I actually tried to get on a jury once, because the case involved computers and realestate fraud. But I just couldn’t lie right to the court.
I’ve never been selected and I never will be. Unless they are totally desperate or backed into a corner, where they are forced to take me or someone even worse.
You want to be on the jury? Take Becky's advice. Act dumb. Tell them you're a bicycle repairman. :sofa:

Good morning fellas. I am reading the last few posts and getting a good chuckle. A great way to start the day off right. We have 61 degrees, clouds, and very intermittent light rain showers. I have to go vote this morning, then go buy a couple of birthday cards, and go to Lowes.

You all have a great day.

It has been pouring rain here for two days on and off. I have moved operations inside the garage. This is my first aluminum bicycle, and I picked it off a pile of junk.

52631DD2-DB48-4443-8C8B-C0713A9018E0.jpeg
When I first picked it up it had four coats of black paint on it. Most of that fell off when I soaked it in hot brake fluid. But there were lots of bits I had to scrub with scotchbrite & little picks in order to get it really clean.

It’s still not done yet, but when it’s really shiny I will shoot it with clear paint.

Here it is after wiping off all the loosened paint, but before the real Detailing began.

5E30B1CC-EBF1-4F63-8441-3587CBC638DC.jpeg

I’m bushed from all the scrubbing, so it’s time for me to take a break.

You guys have a MAGA Night!

Good Afternoon! It is raining gently as I sit here with more heavy rains forecast for the next couple days along with winds and gusts from the tropical storm off the southeast coast of FL. We are high and dry but many in my town are still somewhat wet and the flood waters are starting to come back up which is bad news for them. :(

What if I told him I was an amateur gynecologist?
They probably wouldn't like honesty either.

If you told them you were a pro at it, they'd know you were lying and would be much more prone to getting picked.

LOL Bwhahaha.

Just kidding buddy. Good morning. Don't flame me too bad.

Years ago I was called for jury duty on a felony armed robbery case.

After answering the normal who, what, where questions from the judge I was asked if I had any other views that might affect my judgement in this case.

I said maybe, and the expressed my long held opinion that anyone commiting a crime which involved the use of a weapon should automatically be convicted to a sentance of 3-5 years above and beyond the normal punishment for the crime.

There were a number of smiles and head nods from the jury pool and a couple of officials in the court room.

Needless to say I was immediately excused!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They probably wouldn't like honesty either.

If you told them you were a pro at it, they'd know you were lying and would be much more prone to getting picked.

LOL Bwhahaha.

Just kidding buddy. Good morning. Don't flame me too bad.
When the Judge laughed, I’d know he was a Monty Python fan. (The Amateur Gynecologists club.)

Good morning Mossberg Owners. I sure wish I could weld aluminum like this….
05F095D2-4D7E-41BF-9E45-DC6FD8886507.jpeg

New parts from the bike shop.
C7D2DD4A-AE89-449A-863F-318C60161403.jpeg
It’s still pretty wet here, so I’ll probably spend today in the garage building a bicycle.

Good morning . 66 degrees, south wind 10 mph, and cloudy. The high today is forecast to be mid 70s with rain and thunder likely at times. Then the cold front arrives during the night. Tomorrow the high is forecast to be mid 40s and and stay that way for a week with nighttime lows in the mid 20s to low 30s for that time frame. I knew this would happen, lol.

My left shoulder is a bit sore this morning. I got a flu shot yesterday, it should be just fine by this afternoon.

Ya'll have a great day.

Years ago I was called for jury duty on a felony armed robbery case.

After answering the normal who, what, where questions from the judge I was asked if I had any other views that might affect my judgement in this case.

I said maybe, and the expressed my long held opinion that anyone commiting a crime which involved the use of a weapon should automatically be convicted to a sentance of 3-5 years above and beyond the normal punishment for the crime.

There were a number of smiles and head nods from the jury pool and a couple of officials in the court room.

Needless to say I was immediately excused!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Usually I dress up, and about five years ago I went in a three-piece pinstripe business suit, with a hat and a tie and a briefcase like a Philadelphia lawyer.

But the last time I went I wore a straw hat and a Hawaiian shirt and khaki pants with sneakers.

What I noticed is that all the bailiffs and deputies look at you differently when they think you were an officer of the court, than if they think you’re just a pitiful juror.

Normally I would just wear my office clothes, which were fairly casual. But I would always take a book with me. At least 800 pages thick, with several bookmarks. An attorney just had to see you holding a book that large to immediately write you off.

Good morning to all. Clear skies after a rainy evening and night. The air is a crisp 37 degrees headed for 46 or so.

Have a great day and be safe.

We've got the rain set in from the hurricane. No wind. Just dumping out the rest of the rain that it brought in.

After this, I expect the temps to drop like an anchor back down from the mild 60's and 70's we've been having the last week.

To be perfectly honest, snow is in the forecast for Sunday.

Back