• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I think that in the very near future you are going to see these very emotions played out across Twitter in a very big way, where they have been suppressed in the past.

People love to talk about voter suppression on the Democratic side of the aisle, but nobody wants to talk about the suppression of public thought.

We must count every vote.

But we can’t listen to every voice?

That would be unwise. According to our leaders, as we can’t tell the difference between right and wrong without them.

Meanwhile they all get scammed into that FTX trading scheme, and when auntie Maxine Waters gets called by the press for it she just throws up her hands and says, that the Republicans did it too.

I’m still waiting for one to come on the TV and say “we didn’t.”

Good morning Mossberg Owners and bicycle riders. A lot more work has gone on here. Still cleaning the aluminum frame.E873CD74-89DA-4AC4-87ED-A5C22EE16561.jpeg

Pressing in the non-drive side adaptor.
FF441933-277B-4ED8-8F6D-6657AADC318C.jpeg
I chilled the press plates and adapters in the freezer before I put them in.

Pre-heating the frame.
F69C349D-ADE6-4CB9-B8AB-138CDAF9DCC0.jpeg
Pressing in the adapter. They must be indexed together, as 4 screws “keep them secured.” LOL It took 2 tons of force to press them in tight. They’re not gonna slip out on their own.
CEBCADF2-771A-47FD-AA33-C6DDE679F66F.jpeg
But they do keep the euro bottom end kit together, because the frame itself holds the sealed bearings against the internal spacer.

The euro bottom end conversion is done!
I decided to name her AL-U-Mini.
3835C89D-70EC-442C-8769-56A067FB4181.jpeg

Good morning everyone. Clear skies and 25. Winter has arrived early in Oklahoma. Well, early for us. Hopefully it won't last long.

Ya'll have yourselves a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It has been clear & cold here too, in the 40s at night, but still I go out and ride the bicycle almost every morning.

My outdoor aquariums are covered up in Styrofoam sheets to keep the heat in & the fish peer out thru the tiny little double panes of glass.

Swapping cranks between bicycles: Here you see the difference between a smaller adult 170mm crank and a 140mm kid size crank.
5BB1C6DD-7CF4-42F3-AF04-274017ADEA79.jpeg
Those came from a 20 inch girls Chinese mountain bike, but they are very popular for low rider conversions.

Maybe I will get the new chopper forks installed today. I bought a headset so I could have new bearings but I’m not happy with the fit-up. I need to go back to the bike store. They will go on the fake Schwinn to replace these cheap, ugly orange county choppers forks.
840DDDA3-F282-4BE3-B308-F658A6B54128.jpeg

Also need to go to tractor supply company and buy some new tarps to protect my old cars. I think we’re going to get some actual rain this year and I need to change them while everything is dried up. That will happen this afternoon. What happens tomorrow is anybody’s guess!

You guys have a fine day.

Good morning to all of yous. 24 degrees under fair skies. I yearn for those 100 degree days and 80 degree mornings.

Yesterday afternoon I was at the dog park. The temperature was 35 and the wind was blowing about 15 mph out of the north. Anyways, I was thinking back to July when the afternoon temps were 65-70 degrees warmer. I miss summer.

You all have a nice day.

@meanstreak
Me too buddy. It started dipping into the 30s here at night.

But my relatives in Western New York are suffering with 5’ to 6’ of snow now, so I cannot complain.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. I’m in a rush to get my new tarp up over the boat yard this morning and it’s a big one.

8313DA63-118F-488D-959D-AC40834AAFBA.jpeg

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Please remember, and remember to tell your kids, that if you do not remember the past you are condemned to repeat it.

2016: Hillary will get Trump…
2017: Comey will get Trump…
2018: Mueller will get Trump…
2019: Avenatti will get Trump…
2020: Tish James will get Trump…
2021: AG Garland will get Trump…
2022: Mr. Smith will get Trump…

Good morning, Mossies.

...Except for the fact I couldn't find Dilbert for the last couple of days.

Dilbert.com Down?
renderTimingPixel.png

Dilbert.com seems to be down, and sites like the Washington Post don't show today's (November 19th) comic.​

When we last left Dilbert, he was in the process of quiet quitting. He was still coming to get a paycheck but he wasn’t doing any work. He had discovered that his company had developed a new product that kills everyone. That prospect didn’t bother his boss as long as the Dilbert hadn’t released the damaging data to the public. Dilbert opined that though he is officially “canceled” at least he will always have Dogbert. Dogbert doesn’t agree. Next, Saturday:
F0041E16-3C8E-413A-A353-113729B459AC.jpeg
Sunday:
C017131A-E8F8-45A9-9AB1-8B8AA48BF9A6.jpeg
AD52CBA1-5194-4FBB-9D30-2A66147655F6.jpeg
1D0D4EAA-7772-45FE-B13A-E32DBB058478.jpeg
FC6BD87B-529B-42BE-950B-4E6DC1FCDB50.jpeg

Scott Adams has said on his show that he was going to retire from publishing Dilbert in the newspapers. He said he was going to do it by continually offending the social justice warriors, and by replaying their nonsense in the comic strip, until all the newspapers canceled him.

Effectively, he was attempting to get Dilbert canceled by the lefties.

Even though our local paper is run by McClatchy and heavily democratic in every aspect, it had so far not blocked Dilbert.

But I’ll find out this morning because it’s only 3:30 here & our newspaper has not come yet. Scott comes on at 7am California time.

@CaddmannQ writes: > Scott Adams has said on his show that he was going to retire from publishing Dilbert in the newspapers. He said he was going to do it by continually offending the social justice warriors, and by replaying their nonsense in the comic strip, until all the newspapers canceled him.

Well, just damn. Scott Adams is what I would call reflexive passive aggressive. I wish I I could do that so artfully.

@CaddmannQ writes: > Scott Adams has said on his show that he was going to retire from publishing Dilbert in the newspapers. He said he was going to do it by continually offending the social justice warriors, and by replaying their nonsense in the comic strip, until all the newspapers canceled him.

Well, just damn. Scott Adams is what I would call reflexive passive aggressive. I wish I I could do that so artfully.
The thing I don’t understand is that dilbert.com is down. It may have relied on a feed from a publisher that doesn’t exist anymore.

But I think he said that he was going to put the future comix up on a site called locals. It’s a pay-per-view thing, or a subscription thing. I don’t belong. I think all his stuff will still filter down through the underground. Particularly since he will do stuff that was too edgy to publish in newspapers.

Adams just said that his website has possibly been hacked, it’s been down for three days and they haven’t been able to fix it. He said the DNS pointer has been wiped off the Internet. He also said there had been more than one exchange of hosts over the years and some files may have not been updated by incompetent whoever’s.

RE: Dilbert

This is included in Scott Adam's Wikipedia page as modified on Sept 23, 2022

Controversies​

Adams has compared women asking for equal pay to children demanding candy.[82] He caused controversy by pointing out "satanic coincidences" in the Joe Biden presidential campaign.[83] On Twitter, Adams argued that society leaves parents with only two options when their teenage sons become a danger to themselves or others — watch other people die, or kill your own son.[84]

The week of September 19, 2022, Dilbert was pulled from an estimated 77 newspapers after recent plotlines in the strip poked fun at woke culture and corporate ESG strategies. Part of the plotline involved an African American character who "identifies as white", and the company management asking him if he could also identify as gay. Said Adams of his strip being pulled, "It was part of a larger overhaul, I believe, of comics, but why they decided what was in and what was out, that's not known to anybody except them, I guess."

It appears the whole "go woke, go broke" mantra has found its' way to disney today as well. CEO was fired by the board of directors and replaced. I'm sure their stock market shortcomings had a large bit to play in that decision as well.

But at the end of the day it wasn't the stock market that determines stuff like this. Stock shares are ultimately driven by investors.

Just like the old saying I heard a lot growing up.

If momma's not happy, ain't no one happy.

It appears the whole "go woke, go broke" mantra has found its' way to disney today as well. CEO was fired by the board of directors and replaced. I'm sure their stock market shortcomings had a large bit to play in that decision as well.

But at the end of the day it wasn't the stock market that determines stuff like this. Stock shares are ultimately driven by investors.

Just like the old saying I heard a lot growing up.

If momma's not happy, ain't no one happy.
He was replaced by the previous CEO.

I agree the Market drives things but how bad do things have to get before a correction happens, esp. when we have the largest investment firms pushing ESG?

Hopefully it occurs sooner than later

While I can’t agree with all of Scott’s “left of Bernie” political wishes, as a humorist I find him nearly unrivaled.

His view of women is twisted around due to two rather cruel divorces.

I think his anti-China political stance is part of the cancel culture’s desire to eliminate him. He’s blaming them big-time for the fentanyl business and the Covid business.

If you listen to Scott and Adam Carolla both talk about their childhood experiences, you can see they faced some similar challenges growing up.

Last edited:
Good morning guys. Another stone cold morning outside. Dipped down into the teens last night. It's really cold, but thankfully dry. I think next week is forecast to see some better high temps up into at least the 50's.

Also, lots of people sick with the flu and colds and stuff right now. They've even closed schools at a lot of places around here and all schools in my county are closed today. Most were closed early last week but the county schools won't hardly close at all because they don't want to lose out on a dime from they get for attendence. Hopefully with having about 6 days of being closed, any germs or viruses hanging out on the desks and door handles will die before school is reopened next week after the extended holiday weekend.

My son told me yesterday that only 1 of his teachers were there yesterday. The rest were substitutes. And in his first period class, they couldn't even get enough subs to fill all the teachers that called in sick and said several classes had to sit in the gym together because 1 sub was keeping an eye on multiple class room full of kids.

Looks like we'll all be staying in again for a while and avoiding the public at large again.

I did enough grocery shopping yesterday to get us at least into Saturday. I'm sure the thanksgiving meal will give everyone an extra plate to take home with them too. I don't mind leftovers the next day for lunch or a snack or something. But after that, I'm usually ready for something else.

Back