• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

OMG noooo!

I didn’t want that angle grinder anywhere near this delicate rare and valuable frame! I wouldn’t even go after it with the quarter inch cut off tool.

The reason that this frame is valuable is because I’ve got a bit of labor invested in it already. The actual frame cost me nothing, but I’m sure a new one like this would not be inexpensive.

Not that the expense is particularly relevant at this point, & it’s really this is just an exercise in working with what I have

The pattern:
2A83A3A3-3E61-41B1-BBBD-17D9D39DE1F6.jpeg
Hogging tempered stainless.50822F19-314C-482D-8D7C-7B3152B1D2A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I woke up too early and it is still dark out, but today was expected to be a little drier than yesterday. It’s beginning to rain again right now, so I suspect not.

All bicycle riding has been suspended unless I wanna break out the “beater” bike and go get wet.

We have had four rainy days in a row, with just a let up Sat afternoon, & it has been very steady. So far 4 days have delivered a major portion of the rain that fell this year.

And it is still going, thank God. This is starting to feel like the end of the drought.

I don’t think everyone can appreciate the madness to my method. The more I want it to rain, the more time and effort I’ll have to put in to things that don’t like rain.

Of course that means I need to go back to work on the roadster next, and I am out of bicycle parts (pretty much) anyway.

Anyhow, it can keep raining as long as it wants to and I’m not worried. My property has a good drainage my boat is covered and ready to go.

You guys back east know what I’m talking about. I’ve heard you got some drenching rains this year. I can’t imagine how soggy the hills of Kentucky are right now.

This is the desert, on top of an ancient sea bed. It soaks in like a big sponge.

I was hoping no one would go there, but I was particularly surprised that it was you.
I can only recall 3 really memorable experiences concerning bicycles in movie theater. Since you're in kalifornia......that's kind of how my mind thinks.

Anyway. In no particular order

The wicked witch riding off in the tornado with toto.

The little kid riding off through the air with E.T. while trying to escape the G-men trying to catch ET.

And pee wee herman.

To be fair, and ignoring that I always cringed when seeing pee wee and even shuttering to think about him playing with his pee pee in a movie theater, the old bicycle that it rode, was something like I would think you would build. Myself, I would have chosen the bmx bike they used riding ET around. But I used to do a lot of bike racing and stunts growing up, so I would want something somewhat robust. Not that I'm in any shape to be doing jumps and tricks on them anymore, but, I would need something heavy duty and something with a wide load license plate or signage on the front handlebar these days anyway, so I'd need something heavy duty to haul my big rump around on.

In thinking about it though, which hollywood bicycle would you copy to ride around on for yourself based on those designs?

I wasn’t insulted buddy, but I was surprised. I can’t imagine myself in a little bowtie.

I can’t think of any other bicycle centric movies offhand. The only thing that came to mind was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.

I had a great uncle that survived the attack. He was stationed on the Arizona. Perhaps the only thing that saved him, he had used his shore leave liberty pass and just happened to be on the island trying to eat breakfast at one of the stores there because he woke up early, was hot and couldn't sleep.

My dad tried to get in at 16 in '43. I think they let him in the Merchant Marines (ie: Liberty ships) and in '44 at 17 he was able to get into the Navy. Air crew in the Atlantic hunting U-boats.

There was something very different about those times. Men welcomed the chance to engage in manhood. They didn’t hide behind their phobias and their bigotry.

My father joined the Navy. Two uncles joined the Army. One joined the Marines, and the other one was in the civil service.

All of them eventually survived and went into the civil service. Except my uncle Ray, who was in the Marine Corps. He became the custodian at a Catholic Cathedral in Kentucky.

When I was a kid, playing Batman with my cousins, we climbed the over the holy iron gate and went up into the bell tower to see the big pipe organ from the back. All the guts you don’t get to see on TV.

We went all the way up to the top, and there was just a catwalk. It had real bells, and also big bull horns that play recorded bell music. Like idiots we went up there when the clock was about to change the hour, and it scared the snot out of us.

All of those fellows are gone now, who served in the war. God rest their souls.

My father was in the US Coast Guard Academy in '41.
The day after the Pearl Harbor attack they got the news:
The good news was that he was going to get commissioned next year instead of two years.
The bad news was "Here is your Springfield '03. You are on Guard duty."

Somewhere in my historical library I have the original letter he sent home describing that. I'll try to find it and post a transcription here later.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. Everything is calm and quiet here but it looks like we have another week of rain ahead of us. The farmers will be very happy, because the cost of pumping water is outrageous now. People were tearing out orchards of mature trees because they could not afford to water them by pumping. Well this year the state will have to release ditch water, because reservoirs will be full! (Maybe…)

People are worried about the fertilizer shortage but that’s all not so much a problem here, because this is the country’s biggest dairy state now, and we’re producing the most manure manufactured (outside of any state capital building.)

But if it doesn’t rain we are screwed. Many of the reservoirs are down to 20% capacity or less. I will feel a lot better when the clouds lift, and I can see a heavy snow pack on the mountains.

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It has been raining pretty steadily for two days But it looks like it’ll get sunny today. It might not dry up enough to ride the bicycles or anything but I have lots of parts to polish.
57DDFFD1-7EA5-4064-AC1C-90B436984F6A.jpeg
This is the steering clamp which would be part of the gooseneck assembly. It’s not called that anymore because the names have changed as the parts have changed and the designs have changed. It was black powder coat finish but I shot it with aluminum paint when it was on my other bicycle.
5A5C8B8B-2D68-4B36-8DAC-324F3BC7A955.jpeg
I stripped this down with 220 sanding screen, and then hit it with 400 and 800. I haven’t been able to run it on the big buffer because it’s covered with a tarp right now out there in the rainy boat yard.
D3701D78-45BA-4983-89FF-7359548D93BC.jpeg
This bike will come completely apart to get buffing and clearcoat paint on everything. It till needs to have the rear wheel cleaned up, and the struts of course have not been polished.
D9114A44-0DF1-4A11-B3FB-B30A6CB4B0FF.jpeg

Good early afternoon to all of you. We have had clouds and cool (50s) for three days now, with some rain Friday. The dog needs exercise, but we have dog flu, yep, so no dog park for him. I will take him to a people park and keep him on a leash. Tomorrow I am calling the vet to check on getting him vaccinated. I swear if it isn't one thing it's another, lol.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Good afternoon, still cloudy, still cool. Rain expected overnight and into early morning. Sometimes very heavy during thunderstorms.

I called the vet today and Bentley is going to get a flu shot tomorrow. What next, LOL?

Ya'll have a great day.

Good Morning MO's!!

Seems like Cristmas is coming fast and still trying to get ready.

Picked up some new workboots. Some cheap ones from WM. They are comfy but didn't have the lace hooks like I prefer so I drilled out the rivits and put my own in using Chicago screws and hooks I found on Amazon.

PXL_20221213_124037709.MP.jpg

Been following the Twitter dumps by Musk. Temped to finally create an account just to see it first hand.

Nice job on the boot eyelets.

I've not heard anything about twitter in a while. Other than the government and dnc were having routine discussions with the censors.

I'd bet $100 that the same conversations were being had with youtube/google too. I recently had a video get a "board strike" that was set to private for years. Which means, the only way anyone could have gotten in there to see it was to have a back door to view the video in the first place.

Which means my strike and video was directly targeted.

No joke.

It wasn't because some random viewer saw something they didn't like. It had to have came from the inside.

Said I violated their child safety rules.

Which didn't even exist in 2008 when I used youtube to save the video in case another of my computers died. As I said, it was set to private. So, suzy lou didn't report it to youtube.

Back