• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Well I think it’s morning in Italy right about now. Here it’s nearly bedtime.

I puttered around the house with my fish today and lounged around playing with the computer. I made chicken soup from leftover smoked chicken, and after dinner I went outside and finished tearing down this transaxle for the trike project.

4CB68E65-C0B4-4E29-804F-96C66D1BC163.jpeg
Because this is going to be electric it won’t need the reverse gear, and because it won’t be able to go fast, it really won’t need the other three speeds either.

That means that I won’t need any of these parts that I have marked. I’m showing the opposite side this time.

8124421E-BFA2-481B-A066-5D0ECF8294C9.jpeg

After removing all of that stuff and moving one spring clip on this brake drum shaft
DE0D0F18-1C14-4377-87FA-CD0E321C5E98.jpeg
I was able to put it all back together with just this set up.
DD3934F0-1A7E-4CEC-B79D-841190D6FABF.jpeg
I indicated the spring clip there as well. Moving this allowed me to remove a big gear and a spacer that I didn’t need.

So again here is the opposite side and it’s all complete and ready to close up.F2AECDD0-8DE6-482A-9A50-17027FE72C23.jpeg
The shaft with the hex nut used to be the trans brake, plus part of the intermediate gear reduction. I got rid of all that and now this is the input shaft of the transaxle.

This gives me a very beefy differential gear set up with a 7.5 to 1 reduction.

One revolution of the tires drives the trike forward 6’. The tires will turn 880 times per mile.

If I can supply 360 RPM to the input shaft It gets me 25 mph. 3hp electric might be plenty.

Oh yes, I will indeed fix the needle bearings, and there’s a hole where the original input shaft goes into the case and I will need to put a plug in it. I will end up knocking out the bearings and preserving them with the shafts

Right now I’m just mocking up things to see if it will work, and I haven’t made any irreversible changes.

Today I’m firing up the smoker because my sister is coming over. I’m going to put on a pork tenderloin and smoke it gently, and give it a sear. String beans and yams and whatever I can round up for dessert.
3D6C0FCF-E0D5-4C18-91A5-2DA3675D2428.jpeg

Good Monday morning to all of yous. We had a chilly weekend, but today we start warming again. I am so ready for warm weather,even though we have not had a bad winter at all.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good Monday morning to all of yous. We had a chilly weekend, but today we start warming again. I am so ready for warm weather,even though we have not had a bad winter at all.

Ya'll have a great day.

If you live in Oklahoma, it means you had less than six tornadoes.

Here it means daily rain and drizzle for weeks.

Good morning to all of yous. It has been cloudy since Monday mid afternoon. Today we might reach 80. It is windy, but at 80 that is just fine by me. As a matter of fact we are 72 already.

You all have a fine day.

Good morning one and all. We still have clouds making for gloomy days. Last night we had rain for about 8 hours. We had about 2 inches of rain which is needed. The long range forecast shows no rain for the next 7 days.

The grass was mowed for the first time yesterday, excellent timing. The dog now has paws that look like he is ready for St. Patrick's day again, lol.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I got out today for a ride on the bicycle because the weather turned sunny and clear.

CB810A67-371A-4B2B-B8EB-36DEEBDFD3F2.jpeg

7E3825E8-4C9D-459F-8ED2-FD193E0C4153.jpeg

I’ve been trying to work on the electric trike project but I’m not getting too far yet.

15BCBC77-607E-49D1-A83D-EC022300737A.jpeg
It was nice to get out and get some sun. You guys have a nice day.

I’m still working on the Linux computer for the TV room. I have changed the DVD player three times, and I almost got this third one to work. Perhaps today.

It has been raining on and off and we are scheduled to get more rain on Monday but today should be good for a ride on the bicycle and if it’s not too windy and nasty I might even take the motorcycle out.

It’s been way too long since I rode it last & I don’t have any excuse…..well…OK this is my excuse.

I get more exercise riding the bicycle, and it’s much easier to clean after it gets dirty. The motorcycle is clean and shiny and waxed but it sits under a cloth.

I might as well put it on a doily LOL As it has become an expensive knickknack in my garage..

Last edited:
No riding anywhere today. I spent my day rebuilding the Kirby vacuum cleaner.
7DA59B94-5201-4063-B885-EB4CCFE6EE89.jpeg
I saved myself several hundred dollars & these things are easy to work on, Once you have had one apart.

You need a couple screwdrivers and a couple torx drivers and not much more.

Anyhow I spent $61 for a switch at some small shop in Fresno and she is back in action. Meaning my wife, who is the operator of this device.

I cautioned her not to burn up the switch by letting the thing clog up and overload the motor. It’s like a fuse that cost $61 and it’s a pain to change.

Last edited:

We went out to celebrate our anniversary, but it’s one of those odd anniversaries where a cheeseburger will do just fine.
6A586DD5-1F81-4696-A5F8-F84EB944FC47.jpeg
Is there anything I will miss more than this, once the zombie apocalypse begins? Easy food service…?

It looks more and more like we have a war on our horizon. The kind Manson tried to start. The kind Whoopi Goldberg her friends promote every day on TV. The MSM war.

Back