• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got a few points with my pickup

nasa

.270 WIN
Points are something everyone wants to earn, right. Not when it comes to your Commercial Driving License.

I got a letter from the state that I had earned 4 points. WTF was my first thought but now to do something about that so they don't grow any larger and add lots of money to renewing my license when it comes time.

I got a whistler radar detector that does them all. Still no help for those instant on and if you drive a truck they are against the law but I drive a pickup. Not a reason to drive fast but a reminder to watch my speed.

Then I got a Galaxy SB-979 CB and hopped it up a little just to keep tabs on what is going on while on the road.

Next I got a Uniden Bearcat BCT15X Trunktracker III with a Garmin GPS to plug into it. As I travel it automatically programs the local frequencies for LE and CD for each state etc but it has a Bear Tracker function and alarms you to within 3 miles of a law officer if they are equipped with radio repeaters which most are these days.

Finally and should be in this week, a new truck that does have cruise control. The one I'm driving has been a good one with 168,788 miles on it today, haven't had anything break except for alternators and I hit a pack of wild dogs that messed up the air dam.

Unrelated to the points, I have a cell phone repeater with a Wilson cradle and a Jotto Desk for the laptop topped off with my Droid 4 that does me a damn good job of getting me to where I want to go plus a Plantronics hands free unit that I probably will not need with my new pickup. A 2500 watt inverter with a 50 ft spring loaded reeled extension cord, a pair of 16 channel Motorola VHF handheld with VOX headphones and a Motorola 4 channel UHF handheld, Excellent first aid kit plus all my survey and test equipment, tools etc.

Just got word that we are going to work in more states, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, where we are already working in Texas, North Dakota, and Pennsylvania. Just 6 and a half years till retirement.

Back to the points. Don't know how they add up but in 6 years, I have had a 65 in a 55 3 times and a 75 in a 65 once. The 75 was down hill in the mountains, and the 65s were all where I thought it was the posted speed. My bad. No more for the next 3 years is the game plan. Later

thats not bad. only two speeding showing up...

does your wilson repeater work with all the functions of your phone like the data?

Yes, it works with the air card on my laptop as well. Have a trucker antenna that mounts similar to a CB antenna, not the stock stubby antenna that comes with the repeater. You can check out unwiredsignals.com the owner if Jeff and he's a nice guy. Mostly he sells online but I went to his shop in Dallas to check him out. Have bought a lot of these for our data acquisition vans used in remote places.

Back