• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Greeting’s from Minnesota

Kenk

Greeting’s from Minnesota.
I have been a firearm enthusiast for many years, and really enjoy the forum. As for a little background, I have been married for 31 years, and have two grown daughters. When it comes to hobbies, whitetail hunting with my Sig P220 Elite 10mm, reloading, fishing, and weekly trips to the range are some of the the high points of my free time. When it comes to my CCW activities, I don’t leave home without my carry weapon, be it the XDm 3.8 compact 9, the G30S, the P220 Elite 10mm, or my latest addition, a Taurus GX4 pocket pistol, which I have over 1K down range with zero malfunctions (No Taurus hating please) I hope to learn much from this group, as well as possibly enlightening you on a few things
Thanks again

Ken

Welcome from MI!

Welcome to the club Ken!

I learned to skateboard on the Hills of Duluth Minnesota. I learned to fish on Lake of the Woods and I learned to surf on Lake Superior.

There’s a big sandbar called Parkpoint that goes from Duluth to Superior Wisconsin.

That’s where all the iron ore boats go in and out through the aerial lift Bridge, and where we used to ride bicycles and take our department store Styrofoam surfboards.

I never did any hunting in Minnesota to speak of. Just small varmints as I was a child.

Now I live in a rodeo town in California, where the San Joaquin valley Meets the Sierra Nevada.

I am mostly into target shooting, reloading, and making weird shotgun loads for my various scatter guns. I like cowboy pistols and leveraction guns the best.

Welcome to the forum buddy.

Just for a little shameless plug, I met Kenk on another forum when I was trying to get the stuff lined out with the 10mm carbine that I built this spring for deer hunting.

He's been a big wealth of knowledge and a good guy too. I'm absolutely certain that he's going to fit in here like a glove.

With that said and out of the way, I'll mention that while we are a mossberg owners fan club, that isn't a prerequisite and we have no problems talking about other guns too. Or even completely off the wall subjects entirely.

At the end of the day, we're gun guys. Each of us have our own strengths and areas we excel at and that is our greatest strength is the quality of our members and again, I'm glad you joined.

Ken, welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

I have no problem talking about anything that makes noise, has wheels, or floats on the water.

I only own three Mossbergs so I have to talk about something else from time to time.

Welcome to the club Ken!

I learned to skateboard on the Hills of Duluth Minnesota. I learned to fish on Lake of the Woods and I learned to surf on Lake Superior.

There’s a big sandbar called Parkpoint that goes from Duluth to Superior Wisconsin.

That’s where all the iron ore boats go in and out through the aerial lift Bridge, and where we used to ride bicycles and take our department store Styrofoam surfboards.

I never did any hunting in Minnesota to speak of. Just small varmints as I was a child.

Now I live in a rodeo town in California, where the San Joaquin valley Meets the Sierra Nevada.

I am mostly into target shooting, reloading, and making weird shotgun loads for my various scatter guns. I like cowboy pistols and leveraction guns the best.
Thanks Caddmann!

Welcome to the forum buddy.

Just for a little shameless plug, I met Kenk on another forum when I was trying to get the stuff lined out with the 10mm carbine that I built this spring for deer hunting.

He's been a big wealth of knowledge and a good guy too. I'm absolutely certain that he's going to fit in here like a glove.

With that said and out of the way, I'll mention that while we are a mossberg owners fan club, that isn't a prerequisite and we have no problems talking about other guns too. Or even completely off the wall subjects entirely.

At the end of the day, we're gun guys. Each of us have our own strengths and areas we excel at and that is our greatest strength is the quality of our members and again, I'm glad you joined.
Thanks John,

Thanks my Friend, I currently only own one weapon from Mossberg, the Mossberg 835 Turkey Ulti-Mag, and use it primarily for coyote hunting. That along with Carlson's coyote choke, and some HEVI-Shot Dead Coyote (a total rip) the combination has proven itself to be an extremely lethal critter getter. I recently added a rifled slug barrel to the 835 Ulti-Mag to accompany my P220 Elite 10mm for longer shots when deer hunting. When considering the price point of the 835, I couldn’t be happier with its reliability, as well as being responsible for harvesting a nice Tom several years back

Ken

Attachments

• F05E0B91-CF16-4A2E-BD2C-C53F581FC9BD.jpeg
    F05E0B91-CF16-4A2E-BD2C-C53F581FC9BD.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 2
Nice turkey.

I only have two mossys. Both 12 ga pumps. One of which, I've owned for almost 25 years. I've worn it pretty good walking through the woods with it and using it when I was a lineman for bear and snake protection. Lots of places you would have to hike sometimes a mile or more back into the forest. That's not the place you'd want to get struck with a rattlesnake or mauled by a bear. You'd never make it out alive and ems would likely never find you. At least not in time.

I finally had to replace some of the parts in it about 2 years ago. But that goes with using something and was normal wear and tear.

The other mossy I have, I traded another shotgun for it. It was well used from one of my buddies. I mostly wanted it to cut down and use on the atv and hiking and a truck gun. I was able to shorten the barrel down to 18 inches and thread it for chokes. Right now it has a modified choke in it and full of slugs and buckshot for bears and big cats and wolves.

Ken, welcome to the forum and like John said sounds like you will fit right in. Lot of great folks around here with decades of knowledge on all types of weapons.

I too am a big fan of 10mm and used a Glock 20 as a backup gun for bears and cougars.

Regards

Thanks Ernst,
Just in my short time here I’ve enjoyed it greatly, between this and my other favorite forum, 10mm-Firearms, I couldn’t be happier with the folks. It’s few and far between to find a great group where the people are knowledgeable and pleasant, not to mention, well mannered : )

Ken

@Kenk
Welcome from North Alabama. I think you are going to be able to contribute a lot here. I look forward to that.

@Kenk
Welcome from North Alabama. I think you are going to be able to contribute a lot here. I look forward to that.

Yeah, he's just now getting into casting. So, I'm sure you have plenty of experience with that.

Back