• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Greetings from Colorado, got a quick question…

climb14er

Copper BB
Hi folks, from Denver, been here forty eight years, after college. When I got here it was a great Western cow-town, city has changed. Have climbed all the 14K ft peaks and other peaks in the West, many times. Long time CCW holder, multiple gun forum member, carry Sig P365, Glock 19 or 1911 CCO, survived an armed home robbery in 2008, we take our security and safety at the home, even in a nice neighborhood … seriously.

Just received new 590 A1. Would like to make sure I ‘get it right’ from the get-go. Did a search here, couldn’t find, does anyone have a link to the video for disassembly, clean and lube, reassembly that one of the members did for the forum? I heard it is very good. If not, I’ll visit YouTube. Very nice forum. Appreciate, stay safe everyone!

Thanks. Seems pretty straight forward. Also found a couple of YouTube videos that will make the process ok.

Good evening. Sorry for the belated welcome.

You'll fit in here very well. There are many other members who take the safety and security of their family very seriously. My wife stopped calling it "our house" about 10 years ago and has affectionately referred to it as fort knox for a very long time.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

Good to read the posts and view the additional video. Cool! Been ordering some essentials for the A1. 250 rounds/case, Federal Tactical LE 132 00 #00 Buck. Have on hand four boxes of Winchester #6 and #7.5 from my pheasant hunting days. Ammunition Store.com has a decent price, $288.00 delivered to Denver. Got an order in for a Magpul MS1 sling with pair of Grov Tec attaching Locking Sling Swivel.

One key item I’m gonna have to research and/or get some suggestions on…Streamlight/Surefire light that for now could be secured to the M Loc. I’ve got a half dozen high lumen Zebralights, Olights, Fenix hand held lights. Perhaps I could find for the time being an attachment to the M Loc. We’ll see what unfolds.

A subject that I enjoy talking about. I've mentioned all of this here before, but since you're new, I'll discuss it again hoping that it may help. Or shed some light on it (that's my daily attempt at humor).

I have a clicky tail cap on my light that's on most of my serious guns that I may use at night. I like the clicky/momentary caps because you don't really want to leave it lit all the time. It's better to only use the light if you absolutely have to. So, a momentary works for that, unless you need to leave it on. Then I like the click so I don't have to do anything else with it. It'll be on and stay that way until I'm done with it.

Another thing. You don't need a million lumen light. That messes you up as much as it does who isn't supposed to be there. Even 60-120 lumens is more than enough to id something.

And finally, my other point that my dear friend used to say that helps aim with is the light beam. With a shotgun, lights spread out more the further you are away. Just like the pattern of the pellets. They're both somewhat cone shaped.

But as my friend used to say, within closer confines, if it's lit, it's hit. If you're within your home, that light beam and that pattern are both going to be very tight. And to be honest, if you're using buckshot, it may not even have enough distance for the pellets to even leave the wad. So, if you have a light close to the barrel, your pattern is not going to be very far away from the light beam.

I really believe folks should practice shooting at night sometimes. Though, hardly no one ever does. That way, you can back up from a big sheet of poster paper and see what your maximum distance that you can aim/shoot like that.

Back