• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun bucket list - your wish list

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Since this is posted in long guns, I'll keep it to that, although there are any number of handguns I'd like to have. I chose these, not because they are especially rare or finely crafted, but because I've fired them all at one time or another. More of a sentimental value than anything else.

Springfield 1903
M1
Thompson M1928A1
M-14 w/selector
M2 greasegun
Win Model 12
BAR
.300 Savage conversion from Arisaka (had this once but it disappeared)
Remington Nylon 66 (one of my first rifles, also disappeared)

So what's on your list? :)

GunnyGene said:
Since this is posted in long guns, I'll keep it to that, although there are any number of handguns I'd like to have. I chose these, not because they are especially rare or finely crafted, but because I've fired them all at one time or another. More of a sentimental value than anything else.

Springfield 1903
M1
Thompson M1928A1
M-14 w/selector
M2 greasegun
Win Model 12
BAR
.300 Savage conversion from Arisaka (had this once but it disappeared)
Remington Nylon 66 (one of my first rifles, also disappeared)

So what's on your list? :)

Curious what that is, Gunny. As for my wish list:

1911 .45 ACP
Glock or XD 45
any top line 5.56 AR platform
Beretta 92FS
Taurus Judge

The Arisaka was a WWII bolt action Japanese military rifle. My father had it converted into a .300 Savage sporter for my 13th b'day. I don't know if it was originally the type 38 in 6.5mm or the type 99 in 7.7mm. There were several variations of both calibers.

There's not enough bandwidth for me to make that list gunny.

I'd just be happy to be able to find a full case of ammo at reasonable prices for each of the guns I already have.

I would like a milled receiver Bulgarian AK47 and a Yugo AK47.

I would like a transferable M14

and M1 Garand.

I would like a transferable Uzi.

I would like a transferable FN FNC

So little money.

My wish list...

1919A4 and unlimited ammunition
M16A4 and unlimited ammunition
HK MP5 and unlimited magazines and ammunition

Reality check...

S&W M27 .357 Blued 4"
S&W Smith & Wesson 19-5 357 magnum 6”
S&W Model 28-2 "Highway Patrolman” N Frame 4”
Thureon Defense "GA" Basic Carbine 9MM and 10 Glock, 33 round magazines
Glock 17, Gen 4, 9mm, w/17 Round Mags
LaRue Tactical 18 Inch PredatOBR™ 5.56
AMT Baby Automag .22
AMT Hardballer Longslide 45ACP 7"
A couple more Colt 1911's 45ACP
M1 Garand
Milled receiver AK47

And like John A., I may get a couple but I'll never have them all. Champaign appetite, beer pocket book!! :(

Though we may not have the pocketbook for it Scott, at least we have good taste in what we like :)

yeah , my list was just in addition to everyone else's lists which I want too.....but I with you all on the financial part

yz9890 said:
Next on my list is a 458 Socom upper for the piggies and then a S&W TRR8.

Yes to the TRR8! Mine include..

K98 Mauser
M1A
Glock 20
700 in 300 win mag
CZ 75 (thanks Oli!)
KelTec sub 2K (don't ask)

Long guns:

MVP in 7.62

Short guns:

RIA TACII 9mm - just like them, can't really explain why

More guns than time at this point - feel like I'm keeping a "gun zoo" where I look at them all the time, but they never get to go to the range. First world problems.

I forgot a pair of revolvers that I'd really, really like to have again. The Roy Rogers cap guns I got for Xmas (so I'm told) in 1947. Probably worth a mint by now.

Open carry back then, including schools. :D

meat3.jpg~original

Wish for but will never have List:
  • Barrett
  • M4
  • AA12

More of a reality list:
  • Ruger SRH .44MAG

There really is not a lot on my bucket list. More than anything I want a steady supply of ammo for what I do have.

I got my shotgun and I'm building my AR there are a few more I'd like to add!

AK 47 - any variant
Henry lever action - most likely .44 mag
Thompson - the infamous chicago typewritter!
M16a2
Ruger mini 30
M1 garand or carbine
Winchester model 21- 12 guage

Handguns:
Les baer 1911
S&w m&p .45
Springfield xd line in .45
Glock 30 sf

All 3 cause I can't make my mind up!

oli700 said:
Bren Ten

Glock 18

Interesting!!! Don Johnson in "Miami Vice" carried a Bren Ten.

He was one of the first Cool Operators, but he was in a white linen sport jacket.

;)

What I'd love to have but never will. A functional fun switch on anything. Seriously, anything that had full auto if money was no object for me would satisify that want. Something cool like a Skorpion or the like would be even better. If your gonna have something neat like that go for that wow factor at the range where everyone wants to come fingerbang it. :lol:

More realistic is one of those bump fire style stocks for an AR or AK rifle. Still not cheap IMO but doable and at least theres no paperwork yet for one of those.

One rifle I'd really like to own is an old Tokarev SVT 40. During my milsurp days that was the one I had always hoped I'd score a good deal on. Never happened. Even at ridiculous prices I only ran across a couple of them.

I wouldn't mind a nice Browing Hi Power or USGI 1911 but they have to be a legit issued surplus piece. Nothing meant for the commercial market. The milsurp bug will always reside inside of me I suppose lol.

Finally, I'd like to one day get into the NFA game and own something (SBR/SBS, suppressor etc...) that got me into the stamp collectors club. YMMV as usual.

Back