• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun or shell problem?

Deand

Copper BB
Took my gun out finally this week to brush up before waterfowl opens back up , and I had a misfire after 50 shells or so. No strike mark on the primer put same shell back in, and all was fine after. Zero misfires for the rest of the day! I took everything apart this afternoon, and the firing pin had some junk in it. After I cleaned, and lubricated with some clp it was smooth as butter. Not sure if I would pin this one on the gun or the shells? The spent shells had a very deep imprint from the pin. This one has me confused. The shells where Remington nitro golds I should add. In all I ran over 100 shells through it with only 1 fail to fire on first try.

Welcome aboard!

I'd be inclined to blame that one on ammo, especially if the firing pin left a nice deep impression. Either way, you got a nice clean bolt assembly out of it... :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

I'd be inclined to blame that one on ammo, especially if the firing pin left a nice deep impression. Either way, you got a nice clean bolt assembly out of it... :D

This is true!! Same thing happened last week with Remington sts loads only difference was it was 9 shot not 8 shot. I love this gun big upgrade over my 500, and 535! The only thing that concerned me was the lack of mark after the first fail, second time it was a real deep strike.

Good to see you're loving it.

Post up some pics when you get a chance. We need to see more 935s around here...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Good to see you're loving it.

Post up some pics when you get a chance. We need to see more 935s around here...

Attachments

• IMG_0088_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0088_edited-1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 702
Ah nice!

That camo looks great. Good to see that she's keeping patterns tight for you with the x-factor. We look forward to reading more about you and your future outings with your 935...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ah nice!

That camo looks great. Good to see that she's keeping patterns tight for you with the x-factor. We look forward to reading more about you and your future outings with your 935...

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Back