• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Registration in Nazi Germ...I Mean CT

You are right about the rhetoric coming mostly from the bloggers in support of the gun owners. The state to my knowledge hasn't said much. Of course sending out those letters certainly is a statement by itself. The letter were only sent to a few hundred people that made the "mistake" of sending in their registration late. The letters did not go to the many thousands that refused to register.

I think CT will tread lightly and carefully. They have boxed themselves into a corner though by assuming their citizens would submit to the law. Now they have made felons out of thousands of otherwise good, law abiding, tax paying citizens. What to do with those that didn't register? My hope it that it drags out long enough to have a court (probably scotus) overturn a clearly unconstitutional law.

I think several have been in touch with Lenny including me. He's definitely in the thick of it but he still stops by here when he can. If you didn't see, Dan has set up a thread to donate money to worthy causes and this months (the first) will be going to the CCDL.

This is from the AZ state militia;

http://arizonastatemilitia.com/tyranny/open-letter-to-the-lawful-gun-owners-of-connecticut/

My name is Col. Reaper, Commanding Officer of the Arizona State Militia.

Few of you may know who we are, rest assured this is not mutual. Here in Arizona we are very aware of the very real and present danger you currently face. Never before has the constitution been so grievously offended by those sworn to uphold its guaranteed liberties. Unfortunately you our brothers and sisters of Connecticut find yourselves involved in what appears to be a cold civil-war at the hands of those elected to protect you. In one foul swoop, once law abiding citizens found themselves threatened with felony prosecution and imprisonment for simply embracing a guaranteed liberty. In keeping with America’s tradition of rebellion it is estimated that 100,000 owners of restricted firearms have refused to register in accordance with a new tyrannical law that usurps the intent of our founding documents.

You are not alone. III Percenters across the country are watching, waiting to see what takes place. Against popular belief your countrymen will not stand idle and watch as doors are kicked in and families are murdered for embracing a constitutional freedom. An attack on the Citizens of Connecticut will not go unanswered by the Three Percent surrounding you. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. If even one round is fired in the direction of the law abiding it will most assuredly be the second coming of the shot heard round the world. As Americans once stood firm at the North Bridge in Concord so should you stand firm today. As Capt. John Parker once said “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here”. It is said that history is doomed to repeat itself, I pray this not to be true.

If we are to learn anything from our past it is that civil war serves to benefit no one and rarely turns out as anticipated by the aggressor when righteousness is on the side of the oppressed. I urge you to use whatever judicial and legislative tools are at your disposal to correct this situation peacefully, When Democracy turns to tyranny the armed citizen still gets to vote. I urge you, contact your elected officials and voice your want to have this tyrannical law repealed. For if the Civil war they are so hell bent on starting kicks off, it will not and cannot be constrained within one state. “We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately”. Stand fast my brothers and sisters for the eyes of the III% are upon you!

Signed,
Col. Reaper
Commander
Arizona State Militia “Praetorian Guard”

Good find there Brad. I guess all Constitution loving eyes are on CT.

Absolutely. Comments like these seem to be coming in from all across and around the country with stearn and somber warnings like this as well as letters of support that CT residents are not alone and that the country will rally with them as soon as there is need but to exhaust all legal channels first.

Stand firm CT. NY due date is coming in less than 45 days for full implementation of the law. Big non-compliance in the rural sections even as far as putting up billboards telling the state to suck it.

Big non-compliance in the rural sections even as far as putting up billboards telling the state to suck it.

That's awesome WM. You NY guys hang in there too. Are the rural NY sheriffs still on board as refusing to enforce the "safe act".

Has anyone heard where the CT law enforcement stands?

Has anyone heard where the CT law enforcement stands?

Lt. Vance of CT State Troopers has been the front man or spokesman. He says they're prepared to act on any orders given and that they're sworn to uphold the law.

When asked how they can enforce an unconstitutional law he replies that's its constitutional if the supreme courts says it is.

Here's a link to one of the things I've seen.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/02/robert-farago/ct-state-police-ready-to-go-door-to-door/

Saw that a few days ago. Although the caller was a looney the way they expressed their concerns, it's very sobering to know just how far they are willing to go.

I did not add quotes because I didn't want the board to make you have to click on it to read it in its' entirety, although this is complete and unaltered:
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gun rights group Connecticut Carry has issued an ultimatum to politicians.
Basically the ultimatum is repeal or dare to come and take it.
Connecticut Carry organization’s leader is telling the government that they should either follow through on their threats to try to confiscate more than 325,000 undocumented firearms and 2 million standard capacity magazines, or admit that they passed a law without the consent of the people, and will repeal it in its entirety.
Here is an excerpt from the letter from Connecticut Carry:
…State officials look down the barrel of the laws that they created, and it is very probably that they now tremble as they rethink the extremity of their folly. Connecticut Carry calls on every State official, every Senator, and every Representative, to make the singular decision: Either enforce the laws as they are written and let us fight it out in court, or else repeal the 2013
Gun Ban in its entirety.
As many media sources have pointed out, there is very little compliance with the new edicts, and there is absolutely no way for the State to know who is obeying the law or not. State officials have made their bluff, and Undersecretary Lawlor has made his position clear, that the State will enforce the laws. We say: Bring it on. The officials of the State of Connecticut have threatened its citizens by fiat. They have roared on paper, but they have violated Principle. Now it’s time for the State to man-up: either enforce its edicts or else stand-down and return to the former laws that did not so violently threaten the citizens of this state.
There is nothing that will so completely destroy faith in those edicts faster than the State-provoked chaos and violence that will be required to enforce the 2013 anti-gun laws. Connecticut residents should not have to live in perpetual fear of “the jack boot” coming down on them. Unenforced, frequently repeated threats fall on deaf ears. By passing laws that they cannot or choose not to enforce, State officials tell the public that this State is ignorant, immoral, blind, and impotent in its legal and decision making processes. The passage of such foolishly conceived, insufferable laws is an affront to every law-abiding citizen. Every official who supports such legal foolishness mocks our State and the Constitution they swore to uphold.
If the state does not have the stomach to enforce these laws, then the legislature has until May 7th, 2014 to completely repeal these immoral edicts and let the residents of Connecticut return to their rightfully owned property and former exercise of constitutional rights and practices without any threat of State violence.
“From Governor Malloy, to Undersecretary Lawlor to DESPP, Commissioner Schriro, and Lieutenant Cooke of the firearms unit, and including Lt. Paul Vance, the state needs to shit, or get off the pot. The fact is, the state does not have the balls to enforce these laws. The laws would not survive the public outcry and resistance that would occur.” – Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta
If officials of the State of Connecticut opt to get ‘froggy’ (jumping on citizens) and start to enforce the new laws (as officials have claimed a desire to do), Connecticut Carry stands ready to do whatever it takes and whatever it can do to represent and defend anyone impacted by the State’s violence.
The strong language from Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta leaves little to the imagination… Clearly, this group has no intention of quietly accepting threats emanating from state government.
Way to go Connecticut Carry!

Read more at http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/03/connecticut-carry-threatens-states-legislators-repeal-2013-gun-ban/#35dlsuMeGVfJCjFy.99

This edges further toward catastrophe every day! I hope the State backs Down or that 350,000 march on the Capitol and demand to be arrested and processed. It would bankrupt the State to incarcerate that many people, especially when you add the costs of food, shelter and loss of the taxes they would have been paying had they been working!

Last edited:
Reading that it greatly reminds me of how the Founders responded to King George and the British parliament leading up to the Revolution. Give em' hell CT!

What is it with stupid people lately?

NY, CT, RI, NJ

John, I think they are taking their cue from the president. They are his enablers and his people in the trenches. They are doing all the stuff they only dreamed of before.

To the CT folks, a guy on out local radio said he was driving home today though CT on route 95. He said at a bunch of overpasses people had erected "come and take it" flags with an AR-15 on it. Unfortunately he didn't get a picture. Any truth to that? The last overpass he saw one a police officer was removing it. He thought he was working his way north taking them down.

John, I think they are taking their cue from the president. They are his enablers and his people in the trenches. They are doing all the stuff they only dreamed of before.

To the CT folks, a guy on out local radio said he was driving home today though CT on route 95. He said at a bunch of overpasses people had erected "come and take it" flags with an AR-15 on it. Unfortunately he didn't get a picture. Any truth to that? The last overpass he saw one a police officer was removing it. He thought he was working his way north taking them down.

I was driving home from the airport, here in NC, on Saturday. I saw a small group of folks with an American flag and a homemade bed sheet sign that said: "What next? Concentration camps?"

I am also wondering this. What if they simply don't do much else in CT? They don't repeal the law, but they don't really enforce it, either. They just enforce it very quietly and very slowly. You know, the ol frog in the boiling water deal. When somebody uses "an unregistered military style weapon" while defending their home, they keep the weapon and they prosecute the home owner for an illegal weapons charge. Maybe nibble away, little by little, instead of coming through the front door. Unless they really ARE complete idiots, they have got to see that coming after all AR owners is a no win situation. Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom, it would not surprise me one bit if they didn't enforce this aggressively. They may just bide their time until the gun owners calm down a bit. Then they will try and pick them off one by one or let time take its toll. it will be interesting if they take the aggressive approach.

They area where I live has quite a few homes with "don't tread on me" flags flying all year.

Back