• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Registration in Nazi Germ...I Mean CT

Yeah, it sucks going that way. I had to walk a tight rope when traveling to my mom's house in NY. 650 miles of smooth sailing followed by 50 miles of "seat in my arse" hoping some LE didn't take a liking to my bike of truck. Always went armed, no way I travel cross-country not.

Yep, I double checked it Oli, in MapQuest it was listed as 5 hours with current traffic. It would probably have $25+ in tolls too. I have a buddy that gets up to the New England states a lot, I'll have to ask him.

Route 95 goes from up north all the way to Florida. Heading north it picks up in Richmond and is horrible from DC through Baltimore, Philly, through NJ, NY city and up to Boston...it hits all the liberal anti gun hotbeds. Most of the way from DC to after NYC it's 6-8 lanes wide.

Edit - it would be $40 in tolls drive rt 95 all the way. PA doesn't have any but NJ would be $15 and NY $25. MapQuest for "no tolls" becomes a 9.5 hour 450 mile trip. It was designed to generate revenue...scumbags

Last edited:
You're kinda screwed if you're down near Philly. No other direct route 'cept up 95.

Yep, I double checked it Oli, in MapQuest it was listed as 5 hours with current traffic. It would probably have $25+ in tolls too. I have a buddy that gets up to the New England states a lot, I'll have to ask him.

Route 95 goes from up north all the way to Florida. Heading north it picks up in Richmond and is horrible from DC through Baltimore, Philly, through NJ, NY city and up to Boston...it hits all the liberal anti gun hotbeds. Most of the way from DC to after NYC it's 6-8 lanes wide.

Edit - it would be $40 in tolls drive rt 95 all the way. PA doesn't have any but NJ would be $15 and NY $25. MapQuest for "no tolls" becomes a 9.5 hour 450 mile trip. It was designed to generate revenue...scumbags

my gawd you guys.....I could not even fathom it, time , traffic and you have to pay to drive in it......gun control makes perfect since if you think about it. You guys are Americans but you certainly don't live in the same America I do. Amazing how it can all be so different, I feel like I live in a different country from you. Thanks for the explanation Mike, you guys need to feel what its like to be free, its invigorating ....good luck to you all

There are routes going from DC to CT without tolls. I grew up in Naugatuck, Ct and travel there every other year or so. Stay off 95. I don't remember the good roads, but 95 is not it.

With traffic, I took about 6 hours from my parents' house in Naugatuck, CT to Aberdeen, MD.

But seriously, stay off 95. Traffic sucks and $40 in tolls is not a joke, conservative even.

my gawd you guys.....I could not even fathom it, time , traffic and you have to pay to drive in it......gun control makes perfect since if you think about it. You guys are Americans but you certainly don't live in the same America I do. Amazing how it can all be so different, I feel like I live in a different country from you. Thanks for the explanation Mike, you guys need to feel what its like to be free, its invigorating ....good luck to you all
That's what is weird back east here. I am not in that mess. I feel the same way about that route 95 corridor. I would have to use it or some roads within it to get to CT however and travel where my gun is not welcome. In the scheme of things I'm certainly close geographically to it but it's like a world away too. That route 95 corridor hits all the population centers and being liberal controlled they think they know what's best for everyone. Since gun control is people control it's on the top of the list. I avoid those places and their tolls ect. although sometimes I cross it get to the ocean or travel for work. PA still has many places where you can travel in the mountains all day and not see anyone or very few. Then we have Philly with a copy on every corner in center city to keep it under control. I can still walk into a store and buy a handgun and an AR-15, show my drivers license, get my background check and take them home. I can buy 30 round mags and have 1000 rounds (or whatever quantity I want) delivered to my door. CCW is by permit and anyone can open carry. Every state in that corridor used to be like that so I know mine can fall too. In fact geographically it would the next domino. Even in that corridor, there are a lot of good Patriots that are stuck with the crap laws.

Back to topic, Elucase, thanks for the tips. I'll still try to make it to CT but need to get the calendar out.

Update for anyone in Rhode Island 14 yes 14 anti gun bills will be heard at the RI General Assembly on Tuesday March 18 at 4PM. Please spread the word to anyone who s in this area. These are outright bans.

Okay, I'm young. I turned of age during the bush administration. Is this fiery blast of anti gun shit a normal thing under a democratic president? When a replicant takes command will we see the exact opposite of a push?

Joe, do they have any chance? Regardless, make yourself heard.

Elucase, I would say no, you will not see a push back the other way. It will probably stay a stalemate in DC. The only thing that could change that is if Obama, or a democrat replacement for him, picks the next supreme court justice. If that happens the 2A will be gutted. I think you will continue to see the biggest changes at the state level. Since the anti gunners can't roll over DC they are targeting their agenda at the state level. Thus far the scotus hasn't heard those case. Federal circuit courts have been giving mixed and conflicting decisions on the draconian state laws. I hope you live in a gun friendly state.

That's what is weird back east here. I am not in that mess. I feel the same way about that route 95 corridor. I would have to use it or some roads within it to get to CT however and travel where my gun is not welcome. In the scheme of things I'm certainly close geographically to it but it's like a world away too. That route 95 corridor hits all the population centers and being liberal controlled they think they know what's best for everyone. Since gun control is people control it's on the top of the list. I avoid those places and their tolls ect. although sometimes I cross it get to the ocean or travel for work. PA still has many places where you can travel in the mountains all day and not see anyone or very few. Then we have Philly with a copy on every corner in center city to keep it under control. I can still walk into a store and buy a handgun and an AR-15, show my drivers license, get my background check and take them home. I can buy 30 round mags and have 1000 rounds (or whatever quantity I want) delivered to my door. CCW is by permit and anyone can open carry. Every state in that corridor used to be like that so I know mine can fall too. In fact geographically it would the next domino. Even in that corridor, there are a lot of good Patriots that are stuck with the crap laws.

Back to topic, Elucase, thanks for the tips. I'll still try to make it to CT but need to get the calendar out.

when I reread my post it didn't sound like I meant, what I meant was it makes perfect since for them to go after arms not gun control makes perfect since, it never makes since.....just to be clear I am pulling for us all

its weird places, first time I went to AK they would refet to the lower 48 as America. The first people we talked to said " oh, you guys are from America".....I thought "aren't you"......but the way most of them see it they really don't feel connected to "America"

what I meant was it makes perfect since for them to go after arms
I took it how you meant it.

From wiki on the Northeast megalopolis (DC to Boston): As of the year 2000, the region supported 49.6 million people, about 17% of the U.S. population on less than 2% of the nation’s land area
Oli. I'd say it would make great sense for them to target this area for gun control and elimination. 1/6 of the entire US population is here and squeezed into a narrow band of land. Gun control is people control.

When I have traveled around the country, I love talking with locals and getting off the beaten path. I remember the first time I went to Nashville and visited an old boss. He told me not to call it the Civel War...it's the War of Northern Aggression" there. I haven't visited the upper mid west or northwest yet.

what I meant was it makes perfect since for them to go after arms
That's how I took it.

Gun control is people control and I look at it as ultimately enslavement too. Approximately 1/6 (17%) of the entire US population lives in a thin band from DC to Boston. It covers 2% of the US land mass. If they can enact gun bans and ultimately disarm this area along with Califormia, Colorado and Illinois, America as we know it is gone. They will go after the rest through attrition or at the barrel of a gun.

[QUOTEJoe, do they have any chance? Regardless, make yourself heard.][/QUOTE]

Carbinemike the bills are very extreem in the unlikely event they pass the most liberal House in the Country. The Senate here is less likely to pass it. There are huge rally's set for that day and we have some great Sportsman originations here. I think that should help a lot.

that's a lot of voting power there
Oli, it is but it's also wasted voting power at the moment.

3skulls, I haven't heard that yet so thanks for posting. I hope it's accurate and the police protest is made more public tomorrow though I doubt the mainstream media will touch it. If several hundred police get on board and refuse to enforce the un-Constitutional laws CT leaders will be in quite a pickle...keep laws on the book that can't be enforced or repeal them. This may get pretty interesting. The anti gunners will dig in because losing CT will put them back tremendously.

Last edited:
Back