• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun sales soar. Gee, ya think?

Tom396

.30-06
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/22/gu ... tion-year/

They didn't have to tell me. Local gun store can't keep anything in stock. One day I go in and the next I can't locate the same handguns, in the showcase. Even the same guns that I've been shown one day, can't be purchased the next.

I looked at an S&W Sigma 40 about five weeks ago. When I went back (within a week), it was sold. They told me they would call, when another became available. Sigma 9 they have, Sigma 40 they don't. No calls. I've also walked in, and there aren't any on display anymore.

Asked about a revolver recommendation. Lady at the counter showed me the same one she carries herself (think it was a Ruger .357). This week, it isn't on display anymore and she doesn't know when they'll have another one. :D Good grief, business is really good.

The Mossberg shotguns seem to be flying off the rack too. Neat thing about that is that they get in many different styles, to replace what they've sold, and I'm getting to handle a different shotgun each time I go in.

As for why this sales squirt is going on, I tend to agree with the article in the link. I think it has to do with the current administration's view of private firearm ownership...and the fact that it might well become the next administration too. :( Take care. Tom Worthington

That's correct Tom...and if we let this administration get in again, it's our own fault !!

All I can say is: I didn't vote for him in the first place, nor will I be voting for him this time. At the same time, I don't think that he has the authority to take away our right to bear arms. It takes a lot to change the constitution. I don't think one idiot (for lack of a better pc term) can just all the sudden say "no guns." A good portion of the US population, even all these crazy ass liberal college students that surround me every day, are unhappy about Obama. I don't think he will be elected again, and I don't think we have to worry about loosing our right to bear arms.

How is it worse right now than it was 5 years ago ?...seriously because I don’t think I have been impacted but that doesn’t mean others aren’t

I remember it being worse than this. And I don’t mean price because everything is going up.

There might be differences but I just bought a 19 round handgun and I can get all the ammo i want, powder, primers brass.......I remember not being able to get 22 lr ammo.

Update my political ignorance :lol:

oli700 said:
I remember it being worse than this. And I don’t mean price because everything is going up.

Update my political ignorance :lol:

Really? You remember gun availability being worse at another time? Any idea what the circumstances were at that time? Low production? High demand? Regulation? Current politics? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Some guns aren’t available because people are buying crap loads......production can’t keep up. Sigmas are short because in most respects it is an incredible value and sells well. Your local shop might not have one but I can send you a bunch from the stores here, bunch online too.

How does this relate to current gun laws of the current administration?

.....and because they are end of the world freaks or what politicians "might do" dosent count because neither has happened......that is simply the masses responding to what "might" happen

I'm not arguing, I just want to see some solid evidence because I hear it all the time but can’t relate.

I'll bring this back to the top, I want to know how gun laws are worse with the current admin, I hear some of you repeat it over and over, I just want to know what you know , I feel out of the loop

He was here four years……and nothing but strong gun sales…strengthening people’s views on guns, mainstream reality TV shows around every corner gaining people approval and creating flocks of people, which have had no exposure to guns, at the gun store counters demanding the gun they saw on Top Shot. People are finally falling back to firearms for self protection again because of desperate people doing desperate things. What did the President say about the young teen mom who protected herself and her child from home invaders in Oklahoma ?
Do you think the President is waiting in the shadow rubbing his hands together waiting to get reelected so he can take everyone’s guns away? Why didn’t he do it in the first term?
The gun craze is big money….big money that translates into American jobs, that touches every corner of the shooting world from Hoppes to Federal to paper mills that make the paper for target practice who gives it to the people who put ink on it who intern gives it to truckers who take them to the store so some teenager going to school can earn money selling them to you. Your internet provider gets gun money so you can be on this wonderful firearms web site asking questions.

My local Walmart is going to sell rifles again. Walmart stopped selling firearms around 15 years ago. I wonder what they will be selling. Any ideas? There must be some money to be made for them to start up again. :)

My wally world sells around 5 makes of shotgun and rifles and always about 10 it 15 in the case. Most low end from reputable companies but firearms none the less. They have always sold long guns here and is the place for trap ammo and cleaning supplies.

Gun sales soar. Gee, ya think ? ......yeah I think a lot of these sales are sheep. Why do they flock ?

Media lies and or misinformation, I deal with the media in small doses all fireseason every fireseason and they straight up never get it right and edit comments to sound like you mean something you didn’t…..I have called them out on it, told them I would refuse to talk to them if it didn’t change and they say it is common, they call it “producing”.

December 21, 2012, remember how many generators were for sale after the dreaded Millennium ended the world

Zombie Apocalypse

Video Games

Sons of Guns

Top Shot

American Guns

Dooms Day Preppers

Collapsing economy

Riots and looting during natural disasters

Home Invasions

Fear

Gun Store and distributor propaganda to raise sales
nothing gets people to want something like telling them they can’t or aren’t going to have it. I was in Sportsman Warehouse last week. There were some obvious non gun users looking at hand guns. She pointed it at her friend as she was talking about some movie t, then she muzzle swept the entire line of people at the gun counter. I thought to myself "here comes an ass chewing"........nothing. The two guys behind the counter just smiled at each other like a buzzards waiting for something to die so they can feast....or make money in this case. They do not care what brings you in or what you do with it when you leave, as long as you pay.
That’s just off the top of my head

Now admittedly, one has to consider the source, Wayne LaPierre, and his agenda. However, I agree with the sentiment:

"... Now don't get me wrong. I've been around long enough to see politicians have a sincere change of heart.

But Obama has already signed on to destroying the Second Amendment and our freedom.

He endorsed a total ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of all handguns.

He endorsed a ban on the sale or transfer of all semi-automatic firearms.

He backed a 500 percent increase in federal taxes on guns and ammunition.

He voted to ban single-shot, over-under AND side-by-side shotguns.

He said the right of lawful citizens to carry a firearm for personal protection should be banned nationwide.

In fact, he supported efforts to prohibit Americans from keeping a gun in their own homes for self-defense.

He did all of these things when he thought gun owners didn't matter. Now he wants us to think he's had a change of heart but, clearly, Barack Obama is no Paul on the road to Damascus.

His was a pure political calculation, a conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep. Obama learned from history that NRA members can change history in close elections.

He remembers 1994. When Bill Clinton shoved his old gun ban down our throats, gun owners had their say at the polls in the next election — and control of the House changed hands.

Obama remembers 2000. Gun owners turned out in droves and beat Al Gore in Arkansas, West Virginia and even his home state of Tennessee. We made the difference in that razor-thin election, and we'll make that difference again in 2012!

Now when I first explained that last fall, the news media went crazy — calling me crazy! But I've got news for all you reporters. You can call me crazy, but the media won't win this election. Gun owners will.

We see the president's strategy crystal clear. Get re-elected and, with no more elections to worry about, get busy dismantling and destroying our firearms freedom. Erase the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights and excise it from the U.S. constitution...
"

Personally, I'm not a smoker, but I've witnessed what has happened to smoker's rights. Frankly, I would never have believed it possible.

Do I believe gun ownership is being threatened? Yes, I do. I also believe that gun owners are in much better shape when the current crop of politicians support Constitutional Rights. Is there any question that the current administration would like to see some "tweaking" of the Constitution? Yep, I believe that too. I think the only thing stopping them is voters, and once they have made voters less of an issue (successful re-election), they will feel much more freedom to start turning up the heat. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Well thanks for the info....I see right where you are coming from and I agree with most of your points. I just don’t trust anyone with an ulterior motive, even if they apear to be on my side. This is a flaw in my personality that has both served me well and has hindered me.....politicians fall squarely in my wheelhouse of untrusted individuals, media and anyone who pushes any one thing excessively, even gun community .Gun dealers, shooting supply dealers and other companies are actively contributing to the “gun panic” with propaganda in the form of emails telling people such things that generates business for themselves….

Now I do believe if a president is going to try unpopular ideas that they will do it in the second term but they have to be reelected and on the other side of that coin he could just as easily lose votes on the anti gun side during the reelection.

I'll be selling some of my Ruger collection....10/22's starting at $400, only 50,000 rounds through it.

MikeD said:
Ruger has already stopped taking any new orders. Ruger Stops accepting firearms orders

Let the frenzy begin!!

Please, forgive my ignorance. What does this actually mean?

Is Ruger simply trying to stir up artificial demand? Why in the world would one refuse to take new orders? If I'm a manufacturer, the last thing I would want to do is stop taking orders. I would let my customers know that I would have trouble getting their orders filled as quickly as usual, but I d*mn sure wouldn't stop taking their orders. I assume that most of the "customers" are retailers. If so, if I'm a retailer, I simply fill my shelves with the competitor's product. What is the logic here? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Ruger is simply at the point now where the volume of incoming orders is substantially outpacing their production capacity. Yes they could continue to take orders but which is better, taking a customer's order and money with no ETA on availability even further opening the production gap or simply shutting down new orders until they can get caught up? They are clearly exceeding their projected sales for the quarter and it seems to me that they are making the responsible choice. As far as stores filling their shelves with competitors product, yes that will certainly happen in the interim. However as hot as the brand is right now, I highly doubt that this decision will damage their credibility with the majority of consumers or retailers. Once they begin taking new orders again, I'm sure folks will still be standing in line to give them money...

Tom, LES summed it up. My point was merely that sales are already picking up to the point where they can't keep up. I expect to see prices on everything creeping up again.

oli700 said:
Some guns aren’t available because people are buying crap loads......production can’t keep up. Sigmas are short because in most respects it is an incredible value and sells well. Your local shop might not have one but I can send you a bunch from the stores here, bunch online too.

Which online sites should I be looking at to find the S&W Sigma 40? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Back