• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Happy Thanksgiving

Thank you Ernst. This year I will cook the traditional turkey and ham again.

I hope all of my family here have a great, safe, happy, and healthy day with those that they love.

Prepping the bird. It’s smaller this year. But it looks like we will only have 15 and I remember when I was cooking for 21.
EB7335B2-D50D-4135-9673-587501C5D57E.jpeg
I cut out the spine and make bone broth with the spine, neck, heart, gizzard and tail. This turkey had a huge liver, which will go to my dog. It got injected with marinade and then spicy brown sugar rub.

I’m gonna go build a fire and put this on the Weber Smoky Mountain.

BTW, Thank you John. It really holds a long smoke.

If you’re looking it ain’t cooking.8197067F-B67A-47C4-9EC2-45E1F4741644.jpeg

Since we lost Bizzy the dog, Ozzie gets a little lonely at night, and he doesn’t wanna stay outside by himself In the luxurious duplex doghouse. LOL.56C20002-7C31-47D9-A444-C0B7B46A3E62.jpeg

Prepping the bird. It’s smaller this year. But it looks like we will only have 15 and I remember when I was cooking for 21.
View attachment 28348
I cut out the spine and make bone broth with the spine, neck, heart, gizzard and tail. This turkey had a huge liver, which will go to my dog. It got injected with marinade and then spicy brown sugar rub.

I’m gonna go build a fire and put this on the Weber Smoky Mountain.

BTW, Thank you John. It really holds a long smoke.

CMQ...

Nice looking spatchcocked turkey. Thumbs up!

I love my WSM. The first few times I cooked with it I thought the thermometer was broken because for ten hours it never wavered. Turned out it has heat management conquered so well that I can walk away and come back tomorrow. ;)

Back