• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Heavy Barrel for 4x4

Lymann

Copper BB
Hey Y'all I have one of the older 4x4's in 7mm Rem Mag. I was wondering if there is any where I can get a heavy barrel for this gun. Or I was wondering if I could get one of the new 4x4 barrels with the muzzle break to work. Also I was wondering if anyone offered an adjustable trigger for this rifle. Looking to build a long range gun. Yes I could buy a Savage or other rifle but I want to build my 4x4. New to the Forum and loving all the info. Thanks for the help. God bless from BAMA!

I've never heard of anyone putting a heavy barrel on a 4x4. Mossberg stopped with the muzzle brakes in 2012 I believe, probably due to the damage they can cause to your hearing. I doubt you can order that barrel from them. I personally don't like the muzzle brake and removed mine from my .338. You may be able to order the Lightning bolt trigger from Mossberg though, and it is quite good from my experience.

I've never heard of anyone putting a heavy barrel on a 4x4. Mossberg stopped with the muzzle brakes in 2012 I believe, probably due to the damage they can cause to your hearing. I doubt you can order that barrel from them. I personally don't like the muzzle brake and removed mine from my .338. You may be able to order the Lightning bolt trigger from Mossberg though, and it is quite good from my experience.
Thanks rjpong1989 for the info!!

Unfortunately the cost of buying a custom barrel wouldn't be a cost effect way to build long range rifle. They have now replaced the 4x4 with the patriot so it will be even harder to get parts made. If you call Mossberg directly they could let you know all your options when it comes to building you a barrel for your 4x4.

Back