• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Scotland

Welcome to the forum. I usually check the IP addresses and such of new accounts before allowing to join the forum, but when I saw your username, I didn't second guess it and just hit the allow button.

In the area where I live, much of this region was settled by the Cherokee and the Scot-Irish. The majority of people here can trace their roots back to Scotland and Ireland. I have always longed to visit the Highlands from where many of my family were originally from.

We're glad you joined.

Welcome to the forum. I usually check the IP addresses and such of new accounts before allowing to join the forum, but when I saw your username, I didn't second guess it and just hit the allow button.

In the area where I live, much of this region was settled by the Cherokee and the Scot-Irish. The majority of people here can trace their roots back to Scotland and Ireland. I have always longed to visit the Highlands from where many of my family were originally from.

We're glad you joined.

We're glad you joined.

Hi John , Thank you for the warm welcome , I have only owned the mossy about 3 weeks but loving having it , especially as this type of gun in this configuration is pretty hard to get hold of over here , the shortest barrel allowed on a section 2 shotgun license being 24 inch anything shorter is firearms license also my capacity is 3 cartridges as yet again anything more is firearms license , but just means you get faster at loading lol . Yeah I think the connection with the USA and U.K. through our ancestry and alliance is fantastic

Hi John , Thank you for the warm welcome , I have only owned the mossy about 3 weeks but loving having it , especially as this type of gun in this configuration is pretty hard to get hold of over here , the shortest barrel allowed on a section 2 shotgun license being 24 inch anything shorter is firearms license also my capacity is 3 cartridges as yet again anything more is firearms license , but just means you get faster at loading lol . Yeah I think the connection with the USA and U.K. through our ancestry and alliance is fantastic

You're very welcome.

I'm glad you're enjoying the shotgun. I admit that I'm rather fond of them myself. There is literally no living creature on the entire North American continent that a good 12 gauge shotgun couldn't deal with.

In the mountains where I live, there are a lot of dangerous animals. The kind that can literally eat you alive and shit you out 2 days later. So, having learned rather young how to manage those threats, I still carry a shotgun when in the woods.

Despite what politics our countries may get stupid over, the vast majority of the people where I'm from don't give a hoot about any of that as long as they're left alone and most of them carry on with their daily lives the same as they always have and are proud of it.

From sitting down eating a plate full of a hard days work by the sweat of your brow, to smoking malted corn and rye with peat moss to make their own scotch whiskey just like the earlier generations taught carrying on traditions that should never be forgotten.

Of course, I don't do that and wouldn't know about any of that.

That would be illegal here.

There is even a fine moderator on this forum who got married a few years ago while wearing a kilt.

So, despite that big ocean between us, you would likely find it very easy to be able to pull up a chair and join in any conversation here. While we are a mossberg owners forum, that's not all we're about. We like our guns. Regardless of what name is engraved on the side of them.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN!
index.php

Welcome from Illinois. I agree with nitesite, I've never been very interested in going to Europe but I would love to come to your area. Not only Scotland but to the Highlands. My younger sister did a genealogy years ago and she said our paternal Grandfathers family is from the Highlands.

Welcome from Illinois. I agree with nitesite, I've never been very interested in going to Europe but I would love to come to your area. Not only Scotland but to the Highlands. My younger sister did a genealogy years ago and she said our paternal Grandfathers family is from the Highlands.

Hi , Thank you , yeah it’s amazing the amount of folk in the USA whom have connections to Scotland and indeed all over the U.K.

Back