• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Scotland

Last time I was in Florida visiting that bastard son of Richard, he told me the highest point in the state was a bridge over the intercostal…lol

Most of the peninsula of FL is coastal plains with a "spine" up the middle but even then, it is not much more over 200' above sea level. Sadly, the highest points ARE landfills, themselves towering 100'-200' above the surrounding lands. :(

On a lighter note, I've been trying to make a point to attend these games--maybe next year... CFL Scottish Highland Games

fltopo.png

Most of the peninsula of FL is coastal plains with a "spine" up the middle but even then, it is not much more over 200' above sea level. Sadly, the highest points ARE landfills, themselves towering 100'-200' above the surrounding lands. :(

On a lighter note, I've been trying to make a point to attend these games--maybe next year... CFL Scottish Highland Games

View attachment 27366
Highland games are great fun. Very colorful, constant bagpipe music, sketchy traditional food, lol. Up here, they rank right up with the logger rodeo’s.

Welcome from the sunny desert of the San Joaquin Valley, where everything is green only because we have been irrigating for 200 years like madmen. Children here don’t know how to spell the word rain.

Half my folk were Scott-Irish and the others were German. Lots of very light hair and very blue eyes. Probably all descended from ancient Norwegians at some point.

They all shipped over to America between the great wars.

I used to have a great desire to do all the touristy things like kiss the blarney stone and drink Guinness from the cask, visit the digs at Stonehenge and Orkney, and see the Queen’s guard parade around like it was still the 17th century.

Nowadays I’m happy to watch it on YouTube and drink Guiness from the bottle thanks.

Welcome from MI USA!!

Welcome from Illinois, Highland slugster. My dads ancestors are supposed to be from Scotland. I have never had any desire to go to mainland Europe, but I would love to come to your country. Actually I would love to come and visit the Highlands, I would take my wife to Ireland where her family is from. You will not be sorry for joining this community.

Back