• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

help ,what will fit

Hi folks , I’m new to Mossberg ownership and have only had my New Haven 600 Slugster for three weeks , I’m after a wooden stock but have come across a set of new 590 synthetic stock and fore end , I believe the stock should fit? But I’m wondering about the fore end, my gun has a standard size fore end , so wondering if the 590 set would fit? .

You are correct that the buttstock will fit, and probably the handguard as well, but there are two different length 500 slide action tube assemblies. I'll add a video below that shows what you need to do to check to see which you have.

6 3/4" and 7 5/8"

Far as I know, only the very early guns had 1 bar. All the rest have two.

The maverick 88 uses pinned bars. Whereas the 500 (and other 500 variations of it) use welded.

If that's what you're asking.

John, according to the MidwayUSA site, where I bought my last action bar/ slide tube from, the 500 and 590 use the same part, only differing in the length of the tube section. The bars are the same length in both. And while not removable as such, my 590 bars are pinned to the tube, not welded. The bars ride up and down inside the receiver during slide operation.

Well, you caused me to pull out one of my shotguns, and you are correct. I would've bet money I was right, but this time, I would've lost bank.

My bars are also pinned.

I guess all this time I was thinking about the maverick 88 having a pinned forend. ??

But, thank you for pointing it out.

Well, you caused me to pull out one of my shotguns, and you are correct. I would've bet money I was right, but this time, I would've lost bank.

My bars are also pinned.

I guess all this time I was thinking about the maverick 88 having a pinned forend. ??

But, thank you for pointing it out.
I just wouldn’t want the OP to get ticked if he ordered a part and it wasn’t as either of us described. Lol. and my forend doesn’t cover the pin points so I checked to make sure before butting in. Lol

You owe me no apology at all. Thank you. I mean it.

You owe me no apology at all. Thank you. I mean it.
I’ve never heard of a new haven 600 slugster before so I had to look it up. The OP said it was “ his” new slugster but not if it was a new gun. They do share a lot in common with the 500, but there was some mention of anti rattle bands to keep the forend tight and they may ? complicate the addition of 500 forend?..I know my slide tubes just have dimples inside to keep it from getting too sloppy..

Back