• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Henry US Survival

When I picked up my Henry Big Boy last week they had 3 of these on the counter and I couldn't resist it. Shot one many years ago and it was surprisingly fun and accurate for the type of 22 that it is.

Bulky butt but it is what it is. This is one I can't say I lost when the boat sank, apparently they float!! :lol:

Ya, these have been around a long time. I think the older model I shot was, IIRC, an AR7? I'll go research it now.

This little guy is nice and real light. I got it for $219 and they usually sell for around $250. Be nice to carry even when we go fishing this spring, right in the backpack. Comes with 2--8 round Mags..

Got to handle one of these today at my LGS. Man the pics don't do it justice. It's one sturdy feelin little machine. I figured it'd be made along the lines of a cheaper, more disposable type firearm. Boy a was I wrong! The action a as solid as a rock and everything locked up nice and tight.

Very impressive...

Does look like something that would be nice to keep in a pack. Less conspicuous than the scabbard and 12 ga I have hangin off my pack now!

^^^ Most definitely.

I'd love to have one in a pack for campin, hikin, or fishin trips. The .22 aint a bear stopper, but it'd beats a pointy stick any day.

^^Ya, My Kids and I do alot of river/brook fishing and nice to have this in the pack and if for nothing else and the fishing's bad, some target practice never hurts..

I have an old Armalite AR-7 Explorer from the early 70's Its a lot of fun, The biggest issue with the older models are jamming, But some tweaks to the magazine and finding the correct ammo helps.
Here is mine...

5321402675_a4ddf8c527_z.jpg

5321402721_f856d1d89f_z.jpg

I bought a 15 round magazine at the last local gun show, I haven't had a chance to see how that works quite yet.

Forgot to mention, The Marlin Papoose is considered a much better rifle, But I don't think it stores the same way as the AR-7.
Personally I don't see how either of these rifles would be better than a modern hand gun.

VitSports6 said:
Personally I don't see how either of these rifles would be better than a modern hand gun.

lol! I hear ya, I can always throw a .45 in my pack and it would take up much less space! :)

I do find myself like it though, and the Armalite you posted is pretty cool! I looked at the papoose, but didnt care for it as much. I havent handled the 2 side by side so take my comment for what its worth, which is uh... well not much! lol

Dave nice Henry.....

Looks just like mine:

They are fun little guns that store anywhere.... :D

Lateck,

Just picked one of these up this afternoon...

My Pop mentioned a while back he'd like to have one of these and his birthday is around the corner, so figured it'd make a nice gift...

It was the Henry that got me thinking about what to do with all the voids and interior space of a 702. It doesn't break down but I'm ready to try and fit the gear in it and see how many rounds of ammo I can carry...

Back