• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi from Australia

Highlander

Copper BB
Hi to all

I spotted the forum after looking for recommended accurate ammo to suit my new MVP Patrol 308 (still at the shop), seemed like a good site to start so here I am.

I live in the state of New South Wales which has some of the strictest laws regarding firearms. Basically we are limited to firearms that are
NOT Auto or Semi-auto,
NO suppressors and fixed stocks only.

So providing companys like mossberg build rifles like the MVP Patrol 308 with 16.25" threaded barrel and backup irons, it provides options eases the pain.

I will upload photos of my build as I go and will be seeking advice on various ammo's

So till then have fun and stay safe.
Regards
Highlander

Welcome aboard.

The 7.62 MVP Patrol has a 1:10 twist which tends to perform really well with the heavier 168, 175, and 180 grain projectiles. Not sure what is available to you, but my preferred factory round for my 1:10 Twist .308 is the 168 or 175 grain Federal Premium Gold Medal Match with the Sierra Matchking projectiles.

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your MVP. Take a look around and you'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Hi L.E.S

Good to hear its a Laid-back site, suits us ozzies.

I Love your work mate, straight up you have just solved one of my questions in another post regarding ammo.

I can get my hands on Federal premium gold medal match smk hpbt
In 168 and will try with 175 and maybe some 180.

Just have to find some factory subsonic to suit it as well (if you know of any ;-)

I have already purchased a MDT LSS chassis, Magpul grip, MDT skeleton stock, w/fixed stock adaptor, and a couple of 10shot Pmags.

So some good ammo, a good clean, fit a scope and off to the range with standard trim.

Ill be setting it up standard then fix the MDT components and see if there is a difference.

When I get my grubby hands on it I will post photos in stages so stay tuned.

Cheers mate

Hi L.E.S

Good to hear its a Laid-back site, suits us ozzies.

I Love your work mate, straight up you have just solved one of my questions in another post regarding ammo.

I can get my hands on Federal premium gold medal match smk hpbt
In 168 and will try with 175 and maybe some 180.

Just have to find some factory subsonic to suit it as well (if you know of any ;-)

I have already purchased a MDT LSS chassis, Magpul grip, MDT skeleton stock, w/fixed stock adaptor, and a couple of 10shot Pmags.

So some good ammo, a good clean, fit a scope and off to the range with standard trim.

Ill be setting it up standard then fix the MDT components and see if there is a difference.

When I get my grubby hands on it I will post photos in stages so stay tuned.

Cheers mate

Awesome post there Mate! Welcome to the forum. You definitely have some fun and great shooting opportunities ahead of you, that is for sure.

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Back